Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Roborock Q Revo won't connect to Orbi wifi

Hello!   I am having a similar problem.  I just "upgraded" from a Nighthawk C7000v2, to the Orbi CBR750.  The Nighthawk has two separate wifi bands for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi.  The Orbi seems to have a single stream and the roborock vacuum is not able to connect.  It seems that because i cannot have my phone connected directly to a 2.4 connection the vacuum cannot find that 2.4 connection either.  That is just my theory.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

I've connected my roborock to numerous orbi systems now. 

Cheater way if its having issues?

Setup the old C7000 with the same exact ssid/password the newer AX system uses. Get the roborock connected and working. Then power off the c7000 and reconnect the AX system and it should autoconnect to the AX system. 

Or you could do it with your phone hotspot. 

Message 2 of 8

Hello,  Setting up the old modem/router did not work.  As I do not have access into the admin site for it and I tried connecting it to the new orbit modem/router as a stand alone router.  It came up with the 2.4Ghz wifi, but it would not connect to the internet.   I then tried setting up with my iPad and using phone as a hotspot.  Vacuum set up went further, but ultimately failed to connect.   

Would you mind explaining a bit further so I have a better understanding?

Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

What failure is the Roborock giving you? 

Did you contact Roborock?

Is ipv6 enabled on the router? 

Did it setup using the phone's hotspot? And you used the exact same ssid/password as the orbi? (turn off the orbi when doing it). 

Message 4 of 8

Re: Wi-Fi 2,4 GHz and Wi-Fi 5 GHz

Hello,  I am following the advice of "shutting off" the 5Ghz wifi.  I unchecked the 5Ghz, and have made sure the 2.4Ghz has more channels.  Removed the wifi from phone and reentered password to connect as 2.4Ghz so i could set up a robot vacuum.  The phone still shows connected to 5Ghz in the admin site of the CBR750.  

Any suggestions?

Message 5 of 8

Re: Connect to 2.4G on Orbi

Hello there,  I have tried disabling the 5Ghz wifi and when I reconnect my phone it still shows to be connected to the 5Ghz in the admin site.  How can that be?   I am trying to connect a robot vacuum but since it won't connect via the 5Ghz I need my phone connected to the 2.4Ghz.  Any suggestions to get this to actually temporarily disable the 5Ghz signal?   Thanks 

Message 6 of 8
Kitsap
Master

Re: Connect to 2.4G on Orbi

@nighthawk1234 wrote:

Hello there,  I have tried disabling the 5Ghz wifi and when I reconnect my phone it still shows to be connected to the 5Ghz in the admin site.  How can that be?   I am trying to connect a robot vacuum but since it won't connect via the 5Ghz I need my phone connected to the 2.4Ghz.  Any suggestions to get this to actually temporarily disable the 5Ghz signal?   Thanks 

Go in to the phone settings, manage the Wi-Fi networks, disable the auto-reconnect for the 5 GHz SSID and forget/delete the 5 GHz SSID.  Also turn off the phone's cell data access.  Isolate the phone so the only connection available is the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Since the CBR is a MESH system, both 2.4 and 5Ghz have Smart Connect enabled into one SSID name. The CBR doesn't support disabling of Smart Connect or separating of the SSID names. 

Try this. Turn OFF all RBS. Then turn the power output of the 5Ghz radio to 25% on the CBR. Be sure that 20/40 MHz Coexistence enabled. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Then connect your mobile device at a distance from the RBR to ensure the mobile phone keeps connected to the 2.4Ghz radio. After you get the IoT device connected, re-configure the system back to where it was. 

Or keep an old router on hand that can actually turn off the 5G WiFi band.  Plug in this old router and give it exactly the same WiFi credentials as the Orbi WiFi.  Connect the smartphone to it and do the setup.  Once the setup is completed, just power OFF the old router. Your devices will auto connect to the Orbi system.

@nighthawk1234 wrote:

Hello!   I am having a similar problem.  I just "upgraded" from a Nighthawk C7000v2, to the Orbi CBR750.  The Nighthawk has two separate wifi bands for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi.  The Orbi seems to have a single stream and the roborock vacuum is not able to connect.  It seems that because i cannot have my phone connected directly to a 2.4 connection the vacuum cannot find that 2.4 connection either.  That is just my theory.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series