Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router hacked? Nighthawk C7000v2

Nontechy4
Tutor

Router hacked? Nighthawk C7000v2

I have a netgear modem router and only have my laptop connected. I was viewing router log and getting ready to save copy and this image popped up. It shows an Arris router, a genie media server and two PCs all have same user. In addition the desktop screen is not mine but my exact folders etc. I do not have ISP router. Does this mean my laptop is connected to a server? The router log does not show device. Help! I see two Mac addresses for netgear but I assumed one for modem and one for router. I was getting a pop up each time I logged into router that someone else logged in but that has stopped . Waiting for answers as I don’t think getting new router is the answer if my pc is hacked and on a server. This was yesterday and I reviewed this morning. Going into same network folder today shows nothing. I hv been getting DoS attacks for over a year.
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router hacked? Nighthawk C7000v2

The Arris is a TG model modem, which is it own cable and router combo unit. Are you sure you have C7000 modem router unit? 

The PC seems to indicate it's connected to this arris modem and not a C7000 modem. 

Message 2 of 3
Nontechy4
Tutor

Re: Router hacked? Nighthawk C7000v2

I do not own an ISP router. I purchased my own. I did not set up a network and have my settings for not visible. I checked the visible box and saw this. I do not have a media server. During this login I had a laptop connected to router. No loT devices. It was alarming to me. I’ve been researching to see if my router is an access point but my settings show router mode. I have not been able to view this again. I am concerned with hacking.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks again.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7