Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router login issues

Otzel
Aspirant

Router login issues

I recently purchased and installed a C6300/AC1750 Cable Modem Router. I had no problem installing it and getting it up and running. I would like to login to view the settings. Per the instructions, I attempt to login using the ip address http://192.168.0.1, the username of admin and the password of password. My login attempts to authenticate get rejected every time. I have tried to connect both via a direct ethernet connection and via a wireless connection using both Chrome and Edge browsers. The login box does say that the connection to the site is not private. This should be a simple process. What gives? Any assist would be much appreciated.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 6
antinode
Guru

> I recently purchased and installed a C6300/AC1750 Cable Modem Router.

New?  Used?  Reset?

> I had no problem installing it and getting it up and running.

Did you use the web-browser interface to do that?

> My login attempts to authenticate get rejected every time.

If the password has been changed, and is now unknown, then resetting
(and reconfiguring) the router is the usual next step.

> The login box does say that the connection to the site is not private.

Modern web browsers tend to complain when they see something which
looks like a password being requested over an unencrypted ("http://",
not "https://") connection.  Because you're talking to your own router,
not some web site in the outside world, the risk is small.

Message 2 of 6
Otzel
Aspirant

Thanks very much for your response.

The device I purchased was brand new out of a sealed, unopened box.

When I said I installed it, all I did was plug it in and attach the cables. I did not login or access the configuration; I simply plugged it in and activated it through Spectrum. No problem getting it online and working.

This was my first attempt at accessing the router's configuration. Since I never logged in to access the configuration, I never did anything that could have changed the username or password. It should still be the original factory username and password that the router come with, that being the username of admin and the password of password. This is the first attempt I made at trying to login to the router. I did try to reset the password but could not answer the security question prompts. 

I suppose I could try to reset the router to the factory defaults, but that's what they should be now in its present state since I never changed anything. 

Thank you for any further ideas or suggestions you may have. 

Message 3 of 6
Otzel
Aspirant

This thread was somehow marked as solution accepted, but I never did receive a suggestion that solved the problem.
Message 4 of 6
antinode
Guru

> I suppose I could try to reset the router to the factory defaults,
> [...]

> I never did receive a suggestion that solved the problem.

Perhaps everyone is waiting to learn whether a reset helped.

Message 5 of 6
Otzel
Aspirant

I have been out of town for the holidays and will try resetting the device to factory settings when I get home later this week. Are there any caveats to resetting my router? Will I have to reactivate with Spectrum after I reset it?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7