Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Speed issues with C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

AndySS
Tutor

Speed issues with C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router

hello everyone

need help with 

C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router. I have a 3400SQFT house and am facing range issues on the first floor. I got this router since it said that it would be good for a huge house. I need guidance on what can i do to enhance speed. Should i buy something else or modify something in the router?

thank you

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You could buy one of the mesh extenders or look into something like orbi to connect to the C7000 to get better across a larger area.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
Ramon77
Tutor

I have the exact problem you're having and I'm sorry to say I recieved no help! I have the exact model you have and it's nothing you're doing wrong but it's the latest firmwire that's causing slow internet speed. I've been trying to figure out how to revert back to a previous firmwire but with no luck. The firmwire is causing all of this!
Message 3 of 8
AndySS
Tutor

Thank you..am not very pro when it comes to network—what does this firmware thing have to do? And can that be fixed?
Message 4 of 8
ZeroC00l
Luminary

Problem is these router like my c7000 you cannot update the firmware, Your ISP has to. I to get speed issues with it.

I wish Netgear would test it or push a new one for our ISP's. This has been going on for awhile now.

Message 5 of 8
AndySS
Tutor

Thank you..will a network extender help? I was reading about this nethear wifi extender, not Orbi
Message 6 of 8
ZeroC00l
Luminary

I don't think so no. If the wifi is flakey because of the firmware, it won't help.

Only time it will do you good when your getting good wifi speeds to begin with.

If anything go mesh routing. That'll be worth it if you got the money to invest into something like that.
Message 7 of 8
AndySS
Tutor

Thanks for your suggestion
My wifi speed says upto 200mbps for 5g and 2.4 is really low says upto 60 but never get beyond 20...spectrum has monopoly in my area with poor service 😟

So you are saying extenders wont help—google mesh or orbi is better?
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7