Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi issues

Toddnstacy
Aspirant

Wifi issues

All lights are up on the router but no wifi signal available on laptop or phone. Multiple restarts with no resolution. Router name does not show up in available networks for a wifi
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi issues

what router do you have? 

What firmware is on it? 

Have you logged into the router and checked if wireless ssid broadcast is enabled? 
Did the wifi on/off button get hit? Push and hold it for 2 seconds

Have you tried other devices? 

Message 2 of 9
wcalifas
Prodigy

did you try a hard reset? what model do you have?

Message 3 of 9
Toddnstacy
Aspirant

Model C6300V2
Honestly I have no idea on your question about firmware. All the lights are on it just doesn't seem to be sending a signal. Wifi button is on and have powered on off multiple times.
Message 4 of 9
Toddnstacy
Aspirant

C6300v2
Message 5 of 9
wcalifas
Prodigy

Press the wifi button for 4 second and see if it comes back on, and if it doesn't press it again another 4 seconds?
Message 6 of 9
Toddnstacy
Aspirant

I got it to work!! Downloaded the nighthawk app So I could log in and it's connected now!
Message 7 of 9

@Toddnstacy wrote:
Model C6300V2
Honestly I have no idea on your question about firmware.

The question about firmware was not relevant to your device. Had you posted in the correct section, for your hardware, Cable Modems & Routers, then someone could have pointed out that there is nothing that Netgear or anyone else can do about the firmware on cable modems.

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

Something to bear in mind the next time you  have a problem.

Message 8 of 9
enverm
Aspirant

I have tried everything to resolve the issue.  Factory reset, WiFi button, and NightHawk software.  I cannot view the settings on the modem because NightHawk must be connected to the same network as the modem, and I cannot access the network via Modem, and Nighthawk Software is installed on an iPad.  The network is viewable on a laptop connected via Ethernet, but I still cannot access modem to view/edit settings.  Any additional suggestions are appreciated!  Thank you.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7