Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c7100v

hsakaria
Follower

c7100v

I used to have parental control on for almost 2 years on this modem, but suddenly from last month I am not seeing the option on my netgear router login. Due to which there is no parental control. When called support desk for this help they told me to buy the subscription. These days where everything is online how can I keep my kids safe from unwanted sites. This should be basic service on the router without any susbscription fees.

I have been using netgear routers for 10 years but they forcing me to buy the subscription for basic router service is not very customer friendly.

Message 1 of 2

Re: c7100v

@hsakaria wrote:

I used to have parental control on for almost 2 years on this modem, but suddenly from last month I am not seeing the option on my netgear router login.

Is this the free version of parental controls?

Netgear has announced that it is killing the free Live Parental Controls.

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

@hsakaria wrote:

I have been using netgear routers for 10 years but they forcing me to buy the subscription for basic router service is not very customer friendly.

Indeed, it is poor form, to sell something with a feature and then to remove it.

Might be useful to tell people which brands still offer free parental controls. Have you found one?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7