Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can't get to my c3700 dashboard

corvairbob
Tutor

can't get to my c3700 dashboard

i was messing with trying to get a camera connected to a linksys ac1900 router and it just would not connect. so i tried bridging the linksy ac1900 to the netgear c3700 and now i can't see the netgear c3700 dashboard so i can make changes to that modem router. so what id i do this time?

i still can get on the ac1900 dashboard but not the c3700 dashboard.  i reset them both as i figured that would put them both back into factory settings and then i was going to reinstall the backup on the c3700 but i can't get into the c3700 dashboard now.

i tried 192.168.0.1 and i get the website  so can anyone help me get back to the c3700 dashboard so i can just use it. it still gets online but i need to be able to access the dashboard for setting changes.

thanks

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: can't get to my c3700 dashboard

If you're running 2 routers in router mode, you're in a double nat.

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 2 of 3
corvairbob
Tutor

Re: can't get to my c3700 dashboard

thanks i was just messing around. i did not need both running. so i put the ac1900 back in the box. i put the ac1900 into bridge mode and it messed with the c3700 router and even when i had the ac1900 turned off the c3700 showed as that ac1900 unit. i finally got to the c3700 dashboard but i had to use my phone to get there logging into the c3700 thru the phone. then after i reset the password and secret answers i was able to see that on the pc. if i go back to that ac1900 unit it will be with a modem only device so i will not have to bother with jointing 2 routers  thanks much. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7