Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPad logs on to wrong connection. (N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router model C3700)

KD6OBB
Aspirant

iPad logs on to wrong connection. (N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router model C3700)

Everything works great with this router. The problem is my new Apple iPad Air 2 connects to a signal that doesn't work. It defaults to something called NETGEAR21-5G, I assume that is the 5.8 Gig signal. In order to get it to work I have to manually select NETGEAR21. This is a headache for my wife.

Any suggestions on how to get the iPad to default to the NETGEAR21 signal, or to make it the default? Perhaps there is some way to hide it.

I was thinking that perhaps I could turn off the 5.8 Gig signal, but i suspect tnat I shouldn't make amy changes to the router because I have a desktop hardwired, and 3 laptops connected with WiFi periodically, that work great.

Thanks,

KD6OBB

~Ed

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0,CG3700EMR-1TDNDS|Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Re: iPad logs on to wrong connection. (N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router model C3700)

Go to Wi-Fi settings on the iPad and tell it to forget the NETGEAR21-5G network.

Message 2 of 3
KD6OBB
Aspirant

The Ether,

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought that was the solution so I did that, but it didn’t work. Perhaps I did it wrong. I shall try it again.
KD6OBB
~Ed

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7