Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

im tired of this [DoS attack: Ping Of Death]

mjalaal
Aspirant

im tired of this [DoS attack: Ping Of Death]

I get hundreds of these logs in my router, when this happens, the speed drops from 30mb to 400kb or less, please help im not enjoing the internet anymore

I traced the problem it it's coming from the ipad , I did the following 

Uninstall all apps

reboot

reset factory

all didnt work, once i connect, i get the same attack and internet drops, I was readying on the forum, they all said they replaced the netgear to silve the problem, do i really need to do so?

[DoS attack: Teardrop or derivative] from 128.2.88.0, port 0

[DoS attack: Ping Of Death] from 128.2.88.0, port 0

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: im tired of this [DoS attack: Ping Of Death]

Contact your ISP and have them help you block thsi IP. Have them also change your WAN IP address. 

@mjalaal wrote:

I get hundreds of these logs in my router, when this happens, the speed drops from 30mb to 400kb or less, please help im not enjoing the internet anymore

I traced the problem it it's coming from the ipad , I did the following 

Uninstall all apps

reboot

reset factory

all didnt work, once i connect, i get the same attack and internet drops, I was readying on the forum, they all said they replaced the netgear to silve the problem, do i really need to do so?

[DoS attack: Teardrop or derivative] from 128.2.88.0, port 0

[DoS attack: Ping Of Death] from 128.2.88.0, port 0

Message 2 of 4
mjalaal
Aspirant

I have this problem since 3 months now, I did contact them over 10 times, I have no idea what to do , but when i browsed the forum I found that several compains about the same exact essue between apple device and the netgear ... read this 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/NETGEAR-C3700-allowing-a-Denial-of-Service-att...

I almost did everything I can:

factory reset the iPad

factory reset the netgear

changed passwords

format iPad

change WAN password and connect only iPad ( DoS attak appear in a few seconds, kills internet )

changed WAN Password and connect all devices except iPad ( internet works fine )

should I gave up and just buy motorolla ?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably. I would get in to a stand alone modem something like a MB7420, then connect up a external wifi router. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7