Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk CM1150V cannot connect to router/mesh network after every power outage

annie0347
Follower

nighthawk CM1150V cannot connect to router/mesh network after every power outage

Everytime we have a power outage (or even a flicker) our cm1150v modem loses the connection to our router (and entire mesh network and will not reconnect. We formerly used google wifi points. Each time this happened we have had to have IT support in who also struggled to understand why. I have factory reset all devices countless times. I have tried different routers with no luck. There is internet service to the modem, and I am currently connected via an ethernet port via USB. We bought a new eeros system and still cannot connect. I aggregated the ethernet ports hoping that may help. no luck. 

I am out of ideas and have spent hours on the phone with Xfinity support (we own the modem so they cant do much and the problem lies with the modem).  and google support (they say not their issue). One person said I need to get the modem back in bridge mode, but I can't find how to do that in any support links, 

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: nighthawk CM1150V cannot connect to router/mesh network after every power outage

@annie0347 wrote:

. I have tried different routers with no luck. There is internet service to the modem, and I am currently connected via an ethernet port via USB.

the CM1150v might have more than 1 ethernet port but only 1 device can be connected to it with xfinity. So unplug everything from the cm1150v and power it off for a couple minutes (and your router.). Then power on the cm1150v, give it 2 minutes with nothing connected. Then connect the router. 

Message 2 of 4
Jasllim123
Aspirant

Re: nighthawk CM1150V cannot connect to router/mesh network after every power outage

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@annie0347 wrote:

Everytime we have a power outage (or even a flicker) our cm1150v modem loses the connection to our router (and entire mesh network and will not reconnect. We formerly used google wifi points. Each time this happened we have had to have IT support in who also struggled to understand why. I have factory reset all devices countless times. I have tried different routers with no luck. There is internet service to the modem, and I am currently connected via an ethernet port via USB. We bought a new eeros system and still cannot connect. I aggregated the ethernet ports hoping that may help. no luck. 

I am out of ideas and have spent hours on the phone with Xfinity support (we own the modem so they cant do much and the problem lies with the modem).  and google support (they say not their issue). One person said I need to get the modem back in bridge mode, but I can't find how to do that in any support links, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series