Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A few problems with CM400

googlypoo
Follower

A few problems with CM400

Hi,

I have had two problems that I believe are sourced to my NetGear modem.

1) Every 90 seconds (exactly!) when playing online games, my network drops for 4 seconds. I am on an ethernet connection directly to the router, which is connected to my CM400 via ethernet as well.

2) My modem loses connectivity altogether at some points. I know the problem is not the router because none of the lights appear to change status.

I contacted my ISP yesterday and they confirmed there is no problem on their end.

Does anyone know what could cause these issues?

EDIT: I should add I am using a TPLink AC1200 and there is no perceived change in status during the intermittent disconnects.

Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A few problems with CM400

Hello googlypoo

Can you post the logs and the power levels of the modem? you can access the modem by going to 192.168.0.1 and use admin/password to log in.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
lagrassom
Aspirant

I'm having similar issues with my CM400 using Comcast XFinity. I'm on firmware version V1.01.18 and when I try to access the event logs, I only get a picture of a frowny face. When I lose connection, I'm also unable to access the modem at 192.168.100.1

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried a different web browser?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Wyrm
Initiate

Same problem here.

CM400 is working well and suddenly I lose internet. It happens usually around midnight in my case.

When I check the modem after losing internet, all the lights are green. But a few minutes after that it starts blinking from downstream light again.

Usually I pull out the power and plug it back again and that fixes.

My router is fine and I can access it internally, but there is no access to 192.168.100.1.

Browser is not an issue, I have a yellow triangle on interet access icon of windows taskbar.

Somehow I cannot access modem log page. It gives just rotating icon forever.

My firmware version is V1.01.18.

Update: My Upstream Bonded Channels power levels are at 51.0 dBmV for all 4 channels and there is no lock on channel 4. Could this be the source of the issue?

Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Wyrm

Yea it could be you may want to have your ISP check your levels they can typically do this with a remote tool they have.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7