Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Comcast and CM700 speed issues

tomgru
Tutor

Comcast and CM700 speed issues

Been reading the forum... and think there is not much i can do before Comcast tech comes out, but wanted to post here to make sure i had answers ready.

few months old CM700 - pay for 150Mbps .... noticed slower speeds recently.  getting 30Mbps, even when PC connected directly to modem. Have done all the usual resets, etc.  

Checked the firmware on the modem against the lastest posted by Netgear, and it looks like they are the same.  WHAT IS WEIRD is that teh firmware page on Netgear.com was updated on 2/8/18, leading me to possibly believe that is when the newer firmware came out. The coincidental part is that if you look at my logs (which actually only go back to 2/8), that's when the T4 and T3 critical errors started.  Any idea what might be going on here, other than having the tech check the outside lines?

Capture.PNG

Model: CM700|DOCSIS® 3.0 32x8
Message 1 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Comcast and CM700 speed issues

Please post the power values from the connection page. 

Message 2 of 9
tomgru
Tutor

here you go...

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Message 3 of 9
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

your screenshots did not show up. Please attach the files again.

Message 4 of 9
tomgru
Tutor

looking right at them in this thread... you can't see them?

Message 5 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Tomgru

The power on the first couple downstream channels is high it should be between -7 to +7 and the timeouts could be a sign of signal issues. You will want a tech to check the lines or remove any splitters connected to your cable modem and see if it improves.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 9
tomgru
Tutor

Thanks Darren.  Tech was there last night and concluded pretty similar... but from tap in neighborhood to my house.  Need to run new cable ... will take 2-3 weeks at best. (ugh).  At least i have ~30 Mbps still, so i shouldn't complain too much. 

Will try to remember to report back and see if that fixes the problem. 

Message 7 of 9
DMadsen
Tutor

Was your issue resolved?
Message 8 of 9
tomgru
Tutor

ironically... yesterday they dropped an entire new line under the street... all back to normal. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7