Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Invalid Data. Lan IP Address Overlapped! - N600 / C3700

NetGuy123
Aspirant

Invalid Data. Lan IP Address Overlapped! - N600 / C3700

Hi,

When trying to change the LAN Setup original IP setting of 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.100.1, I get this error in the Subject: Invalid Data. Lan IP Address Overlapped!

After reading the manual, rebooting my system, restarting the modem several times and trying again and again to no avail, I decided to call Netgear support. But the person on the other end was of little help, if any at all, very frustrating.

I tried different network settings, like 192.168.101.1, 192.168.99.1, 192.168.10.1, 192.168.200.1 and so on and, to my suprise, I found all these possible to set up, no error message at all! 

So I decided to run Advanced IP Scanner to check what network IPs would be found. Again, another surprise: it found a Netgear PR2000 Travel Router using 192.168.100.1, but pointing to Netgear C3700!

If I click in the icon for C3700, it opens a new browser page, prompts me for the crendentials and opens the C3700 page, but the LAN Setup is totally blank!

I used to have PR2000 in my private network, but it was turned off, disconnected and removed from the network a few days prior to installing C3700.

My question is, why it is still taking the network I want to use despite being off the hook and gone for good time ago?... 

Thanks for any heads up

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Invalid Data. Lan IP Address Overlapped! - N600 / C3700

Hello NetGuy

What all is on your network now just the C3700 and the devices that connect to it or is there another router? and how are you connecting to the C3700 via wireless or LAN? Hope to hear your feedback

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
NetGuy123
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

Thank you for yor attention to this.

I have a network printer, W10 on a laptop, a w7 on a DT and smart TV, not to mention a smartphine and a tablet. I use fixed IP on the ethernet side  for printer, LT and DT, everything else DHCP assigned IP.

Fixed IP on LT and DT is for remote access purposes, mainly.

I have already uninstalled the eth adapters a few times, and reinstalled back with the latest drivers, but to no avail.

I also added back the PR2000, set its DHCP for 192.168.100.0 network again and played a while with it, then logged off by signing out from it before turning it off and disconnecting it  

Then back to C3700, but the issue remains, able to assign 192.168.N.0, where N can be anything from1 to 254, except for 100. It doesn't like the private network be 192.168.100.0 at all!

I also reset C3700 a few times, but the message is the same....

It's interesting that, with the C3700 connected and working using 192.168.101.o, if I type 192.168.100.1 for the URL, it goes to http://192.168.100.1/MultiLogin.htm and shows in the screen a logo from C3700 with this message:

------->   START OF MESSAGE   <-----

You are currently logged in from another device. There can be only one device logged in at a time. If you log in from this device, the other device will be logged out. Do you want to proceed?

------->   END OF MESSAGE   <-----  

PR2000 is not in the loop, I mean, is not connected or attached in any way to the network...

Besides C3700, only a switch is in the network, which doesn't care about the network layer... And I tested removing it from the network, no use at all either...

Thanks for your time and attention.

Message 3 of 6
NetGuy123
Aspirant

Hi Darren, besides the previous reply, another info you requested and I missed: connecting C3700 via wireless and LAN. Wireless for printer, tablet, smartphone, smart TV, eventually LT. LAN for DT, LT, or any other device for test purposes...

Thanks, NG

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Netguy

This may sound like a simple thing to try but have you tried clearing the Internet History and cache or trying another web browser when trying to access the C3700?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
NetGuy123
Aspirant

Hi Darren, thank you for your continued attention to this!

Yes, I cleared all cached information "from the beginning of time" in Chrome, and tried on a newly installed Firefox browser, where no cached information was stored, but still the same return. LAN IP Address Overlapped!

I also tried from  a tablet, model SM-T800, from where I have never tried to login to a router before, same result...

Thank you, have a great weekend! 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7