Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N900 CG4500BD connection constantly dropping, cant find support for my router/modem anywhere.

nassit
Follower

N900 CG4500BD connection constantly dropping, cant find support for my router/modem anywhere.

Hello i bought my Router from my ISP and cant seem to locate support for this router anywhere on their or netgears website. I'm constantly losing internet connection and the router itself resets about 5-10 times daily. i have had my ISP come out 2 times and both times they left thinking it was fixed, seems to work for a while but then it starts happening again. I have tried many things, nothing has worked. I was going to try and update or change the firmware to see if that would fix it since other people have had luck with that but i cannot seem to find my router on netgears list of products nor can i find firmware anywhere else on the internet, not even from my ISP. At this point i need help from anyone that has any idea where i can find information on my product, or any ideas how i can fix my internet.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N900 CG4500BD connection constantly dropping, cant find support for my router/modem anywhere.

Hello nassit

That modem is supported by the ISP and you can not manually update the firmware on cable modems all firmware is pushed out by the ISP and automatically updates your modem. Also what errors are you seeing in the logs of the modem do you see anything such as T3 or T4 timeouts?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Anthonytess
Aspirant

Re: N900 CG4500BD connection constantly dropping, cant find support for my router/modem anywhere.

I have the same model...its crap. I would look into anything other than this maybe the next model up.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7