Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Cm1000 modem issue

eefo
Aspirant

Netgear Cm1000 modem issue

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is doing great.

So this is what happened to me. I was using this Netgear Cable modem and Xfinity called me and offered me their free modem/router to try for free for a year.
I was already having a very bad experience with Xfinity while playing games online so I thought THIS MIGHT CHANGE it. So I went for it and installed this modem but it turned out to be even worse than I was already getting, My speeds got Low, there was packet loss and everything.

So I decided to go back to my own modem, I contacted their support and asked them to help me out with it, and on chat, they asked for the mac address to activate the device and all, and then they said to unplug the Xfinity modem and plug mine, and when I plugged mine, it gave me this weird glitch shown in the link.

https://imgur.com/gallery/r6TqZvm 

So I contacted them again and they said that I need to schedule a tech to come and fix it. I even contacted NetGear and they said that its not a hardware issue and that the device isn't getting signals, I didn't buy it but still asked Xfinity to schedule a tech, so the tech came and he straight away said if my other SIMILAR device is working then how it could be a signal issue and he left without fixing it as it wasn't a signal issue. So guys please can anyone help me out what shall I do here? I AM SORRY for this long message if it gets annoying 😕

P.s i have tried resetting it Many a times but failed all the time.

Message 1 of 13
samcurren
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Cm1000 modem issue

Did you try troubleshooting the modem? Read this guide here for more information: https://kb.netgear.com/000061156/How-can-I-troubleshoot-my-cable-modem

Message 2 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Have the ISP ensure the modem is provisioned correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

Message 3 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Did you connect the right power adapter?

can you ping 192.168.100.1 from the PC Hardwired into the modem?

If the issue persists with the LED behaviour, Please call in for RMA if it is still in warranty.

Message 4 of 13
eefo
Aspirant

I did talk to the ISP and they sent a tech to check the signals. But it isn't the signal issue because i bought another CM1000v2 the same day old one gone bad and the new one is working perfectly fine and that too on the power adapter of the old modem.
So it seems to be a hardware issue. I contacted netgear support and they said that the uplink and downlink channels a locked. And to fix that i need to pay for the service. 😑
Message 5 of 13
eefo
Aspirant

I actually bought a new cm1000v2 and that one is working fine on old power adapter which means that the power adapter is fine its the modem it self. I haven't tried hardwiring and pinging, will try today.
And the customer support said that it cant be RMA as it the hardware it self is okay.
Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to ask the forum moderator about to see how to proceed.

@vkdelta 

Message 7 of 13
eefo
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

Hope to see this reply soon.

Message 8 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

dont pay extra.

Please provide Case # and we should RMA it if Power adapter is correct and new one works.

@Darren  RMA

Message 9 of 13
eefo
Aspirant

Case no. 43485414
Yes sir the power adapter is okay, i have plugged the new cm1000v2 with both old and new power adapters and the new modem worked on both whereas the defective modem gave me same issue even on the new power adapter.
Message 10 of 13
eefo
Aspirant

And thank you so much for reaching me out.
Message 11 of 13
eefo
Aspirant

And also am i allowed to send you a private message to ask a quick question?
Message 12 of 13
eefo
Aspirant

@vkdelta just tagging, cos I'm not sure if my reply had you tagged in it or not.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7