Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000v2 network lockup trying to add Nest device

68jcode
Initiate

Nighthawk C7000v2 network lockup trying to add Nest device

I purchased and installed (Comcast ISP) the Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router (Model C7000v2) back in May and has been working without issue until recently.  A week ago, Comcast had a service outage that impacted internet access for several hours.  When service was restored, my router failed to allow my devices to come back online.  Background:  This is a second home where I have installed Nest cameras, thermostats and door locks so that I can remotely monitor and manage the property.  I finally was able to go to the house this weekend and found the router in an all green light state and broadcasting the SSID, but when I tried to join the WiFi network with my iPhone, I was unable to.  I pulled power for 30 seconds and powered back up and it recovered all of my Nest devices except my door lock.  I had been wanting to make a couple of changes to the router to rename the SSID and also enable remote management, so I did this and updated all of my Nest products and got them back on the network except for the Nest door lock.  When I try to add the door lock, the network locks up every time.  I pulled the log from my Netgear and see the following DoS entries:

[DoS attack: Illegal Fragments] from 2.1.66.0, port 0         1              Sun Nov 18 10:30:54 2018            188.32.111.33:0                2.1.66.0:0

[DoS attack: Teardrop or derivative] from 2.1.66.0, port 0              1              Sun Nov 18 10:30:54 2018                188.32.111.33:0                 2.1.66.0:0

I have some basic understanding of networks and assume the device being added is for some reason broadcasting requests that are being interpreted as a DoS attack by Netgear and the router is shutting down.  I have searched Nest support site and saw one other forum post that had similar symptoms, but their tech support via chat had no known problem/solution for this.  Seems odd that everything worked just fine prior to the Comcast outage and now I have this problem.  Looking for some ideas to help isolate and solve this problem.  Unfortunately, I won’t be at the house again until this weekend and I am apprehensive about making changes using remote management in case the network drops out leaving me blind again.  Appreciate input and sorry for the long post.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
sanjumani
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 network lockup trying to add Nest device

I have been having identical issues. Tried all sorts of methods to solve this. No luck! 

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 2 of 3
68jcode
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 network lockup trying to add Nest device

There is a very extensive discussion on the Nest community about this problem located here.  Is confirmed to be a Nest bug with the Connect device used to bridge the Yale lock with Nest.  There are over 260 replies to the discussion and has been ongoing for many months without clear expectation of a fix coming.  Hopefully sooner than later.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7