Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Quickie Questions on Modem/Router Behavior

MiloZoe
Tutor

Quickie Questions on Modem/Router Behavior

Nighthawk X4 AC 3200 C7500 Modem/Router

In operation approximately 1 year and have 24 connected devices

Question One

Periodically to no particular time frame, the unit drops all the connections to devices. This can happen with a month between occurrences or in one case this happened several times over just eight hours.

When it occurs I unplug the unit wait approximately 20 seconds then plug this back in and the unit reboots and all is fine. I have read in various websites that this is normal and that I should actually power cycle this on a regular basis.

Question 2

Using Netgear Genie/Router Login, I usually see at the home page under attached devices the 25 devices. Recently this is now showing anywhere from 6 to 11 devices and then going to the Attached Devices page which lists the 6 to 11 devices but then using the reset tab it will change to list the 24 devices. Since this just started to do this wondering if it is any indication of an issue or problem.

Any input, suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Model: C7500|Nighthawk X4-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Quickie Questions on Modem/Router Behavior

You have errors in your line according to the logs and connections page. try checking for kinks, damage, old/loose/cheap/bad connections. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in the coax line, remove them and just direct connect the modem to where the coax enters the home. try that first. 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14

All Replies
plemans
Guru

When its going down, have you checked you event logs? 

Do you have a screen snip of the event logs and cable connections page? 

with the attached devices page, have you tried a factory reset and reinstall? 

Message 2 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Please see the attached screenshots, taken today. I have to admit that I know nothing about interpreting this data. Also I thought of doing a modem/router factory default reset, however since the power cycling worked, I thought that a full reset would be extreme.

Thanks

Cable Screenshot_20210129-081919_Chrome.jpgCable Screenshot_20210129-081847_Chrome.jpgEvent Screenshot_1.jpgEvent Screenshot_2.jpgEvent Screenshot_3.jpgEvent Screenshot_4.jpgEvent Screenshot_5.jpgCable Screenshot_20210129-081933_Chrome.jpg

Message 3 of 14
plemans
Guru

Photos have to be approved by a moderator and it can take a while. You can attach them individually by clicking on the "choose file" option when posting. those we can download/see right away

Message 4 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Message 5 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Message 6 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Message 7 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Message 8 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Message 9 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Message 10 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Message 11 of 14
plemans
Guru

You have errors in your line according to the logs and connections page. try checking for kinks, damage, old/loose/cheap/bad connections. 

If you have any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators in the coax line, remove them and just direct connect the modem to where the coax enters the home. try that first. 

Message 12 of 14
MiloZoe
Tutor

Thank you for your time and effort. I certainly appreciate your assistance. Incidentally I just found a splitter that I was unaware of.

Message 13 of 14
plemans
Guru

I hope it helped removing it! You didn't put if it helped or not  🙂 

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements