Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

n300 model 2700 cannot establish connection with COMCAST

piyush_varma
Aspirant

n300 model 2700 cannot establish connection with COMCAST

I have Comcast as Internet provider in the East Bay. The Internet was working well for the last three months. Suddenly, the WiFi stopped working about three days ago and now can't establish Intenet connection. How do I now whether the problem is wiht my router or with Comcast? The same co-ax cable gives TV okay. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: n300 model 2700 cannot establish connection with COMCAST

Is it only an Internet connection that you do not have, i.e. does the computer establish a WiFi connection with the LAN? What error messages do you see? Have you tried using a wired connection to the router to confirm internet access via the modem works?

What is the full model number of the N300? It's not an EX2700 range extender is it?

Message 2 of 5
piyush_varma
Aspirant

Q: Have you tried using a wired connection to the router to confirm internet access via the modem works? A: No, it dos not work. It says "No Internet Access". "Internet LED" is off. Computer can't conect to ISP server, I believe. The Model # is C3000.

Message 3 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So you have a C3000 cable modem/router, the ‘2700’ in the thread title was confusing?

If your cable modem is showing no Internet connection then you need to check with your ISP to see if there are any issues.

Message 4 of 5
piyush_varma
Aspirant

Yes, probably.

Finally customer support had to Ctr+Alt+Del a.k.a. hard Reset. I tried first with the bottom pin hole, could not do it, then I was guided to do via browser Advanced Administration option. I found it in the Users Manual. Thanks ot all of you to guide me and the phone support lady.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7