Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear 600 c3700

bh3400
Aspirant

netgear 600 c3700

c3700 wifi on/off light flickeing.   connection speed is reduced from 29mbps to 24 mbps and brower

response is degraded.   I have tested ISP with ethernet cable and connection working properly at 29mbps.

I do not want to reset unit back to factory settings    is there another action I can take.?

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: netgear 600 c3700

Hello bh3400

Have you tried to change the wireless channel? The current channel could be a little congested causing the speed loss. hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
bh3400
Aspirant

No...I tried to change channels on both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz and that had no effect.  

Speed is variable during the day...from about 22Mbps to 28 mbps,,which is about max for

my ISP. 

Beginning to think problem is more with Win 10 incompatiblity with Googe Chome.  Though, 

IE run slowly too. 

C3700 wifi led light continues to flicker on / on as do the leds for 2.4 and 5 ghz signals. 

I do not wish to reset netgear to factory settings and start over again unless there is some

reason to think that will fix the problem. 

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello bh3400

If you have upgraded to Win 10 have you made sure you have downloaded the latest drivers from your PC manufacture for your wireless?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
bh3400
Aspirant

Thanks for the good tip.  No, I haven't checked for PC mfr drivers for Win 10!!  I just tried to do so and

found that none have been released yet by Lenovo for this G580.  Lots of anger on the Lenovo

support site about lack of new drivers for Win 10.  Based on my past experience, it will be a long time

before any are forthcoming.  Lenovo is not the old IBM.  

Thanks for your answers.....you may have hit on the problem.  Also, Google has some work to go

regarding their software and Win 10.

I will check now and then on Lenovo and plan to send them a memo about the lack of support on their end.  

Jim

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7