× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Aircard 815s not able to connect to Mac in USB tether mode

satronen
Follower

Aircard 815s not able to connect to Mac in USB tether mode

My Aircard 815s not able to connect to Mac laptop or iMac in tether mode.  Is this hotspot compatible with Mac?  I don't have a PC to test to make sure USB tether mode is working. I don;t see there is any drivers to install.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Aircard 815s not able to connect to Mac in USB tether mode

AirCard 815 USB tethering should normally work however there is an issue with how the Apple Mac OS enumerates the device interfaces which causes the tethering not to work. We will have a fix available in next release of Mac Os but currently only work around for tethering on MAC OS is to use the following 3rd party RNDIS driver called HoRNDIS available at http://www.joshuawise.com/horndis. Also keep in mind if you have enterprise version of AC815 tethering is not supported as per AT&T request.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Katax
Aspirant

Re: Aircard 815s not able to connect to Mac in USB tether mode

HI 

Unfortunately I can't connet my router on USB tether mode, with my Macbook pro Sierra.

I download recommendet driver HoRNDIS, but nothing shows on network preferences allowing to connect my router via USB. Any suggestions?

Model: AirCard 810S|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7