× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Find so Hard to belive that there is not solution

Djonee
Aspirant

Find so Hard to belive that there is not solution

I Find so Hard to belive that there is not solution for a relooping Nighthawk MR1100 on boot but to send it to the company for a replacement, wich is a good thing dont get me wrong but for people like me that bought the device in ebay and paid not small money for it, is something terrible, such an amazing device and all of the sudden you get to your home and the thing is on a loop because a gone bad update, update that you did not athorized, and there it is a worthless bricked piece of engeneering sitting on a desk, there has to be a solution for it, has somebody fix one? I have not read a single story of a succesfull reflashing

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 14
icaruspony
Luminary

1. Download AC78x Netgear drivers version 4.3.00 and install them on PC. Also, download FDT.EXE version 4.6.2.0.

2. Download MR1100 firmware (12.06.11.00 or 12.05.05.00). Put it in the same folder as FDT.EXE. Hopefully you have the generic US version of the MR1100 and not an AT&T branded version as using these firmwares on an AT&T MR1100 will permanently disable features like LAA.

3. Download and install Putty or just enable telnet in Windows (Turn Windows Features On or Off > Telnet Client).

4. Disconnect PC from Wifi and Ethernet. Your computer should have no internet connections.

5. Remove the SIM card and ethernet cable from the MR1100.

6. Factory reset the MR1100.

7. Connect the MR1100 to the PC via USB.

8. Try to connect to the MR1100 via Putty or Telnet. The IP is 192.168.1.1 with port 5510. If using telnet, the command is telnet 192.168.1.1 5510

9. Once connection is established, you may have to act quickly to halt the boot. The command is AT!BOOTHOLD

10. Open a command prompt and browse to the folder with FDT.EXE and the .SPK firmware file. Type the command fdt {firmwarefilename}.secc.spk

11. Let it do its thing. Even if there is an error that says the upgrade failed, wait 15 minutes. Eventually, it will reboot itself.

Message 2 of 14
Djonee
Aspirant

Hey , thnx for responding , that was the first method I tried but like I wrote in the post the mr1100 is looping I cant restore it to factory is unresponsive , not to every button on it but to everything, I cant make it comunicate with the pc by putty or FDT, when you say connect by USB , you mean c-type connector or the other USB male-to-male cable? belive me I've tried many times with no success

Message 3 of 14
icaruspony
Luminary

The USB connection is C-type (on the MR1100) to your PC (A type).

This opens a connection that is different than Wifi or ethernet.

Are you factory resetting the device with the paperclip button under the SD card slot?

How many seconds does it take to cycle from one reboot to the next?

Message 4 of 14
drewzx3
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same exact same thing reboots about every 5 seconds and can't connect to putty

Message 5 of 14
Djonee
Aspirant

Yes I did try with the reset button too, pressing it and letting it go when when the device starts , I did it with battery ,without bat,with SIM card and without, and it restarts around 5 to 6 sec each time maybe 5 times and then stopd and the LED starts blinking red and blue for a while then it goes orange and thats it, that is all it does just one more thing if i keep pressing the power button when I connect it to the usb it goes to a DOWNLOADING SOFTWARE screen but nothing happens

Message 6 of 14
icaruspony
Luminary

While on that "Downloading software" screen, neither Telnet nor FDT work?
Message 7 of 14
Djonee
Aspirant

Nop, The the PC recognizes it but not as a modem , it gets recognized as "Remote NDIS Compatible Device" I dont know what that is, any tips?

Message 8 of 14
icaruspony
Luminary

And you did install the Netgear drivers I linked, correct?

Message 9 of 14
Djonee
Aspirant

Hey my friend, I managed with all this crazyness finally flash the freaking thing, does your router keeps rebooting and at the end just the red-blue light stays flashing?

Message 10 of 14
icaruspony
Luminary

If you flashed it, you need to factory default it using the 30-30-30 method.

Remove battery and connect USB C power.
Hold button 30 seconds.
Pull power out, while still holding button for 30 more seconds.
Plug USB C power back in, while still holding button for 30 more seconds.

So you should be holding the button the entire minute and a half.
Message 11 of 14
icaruspony
Luminary

When I say "button", I mean the reset button next to the SD card slot, using a paperclip.
Message 12 of 14
Djonee
Aspirant

Yes, but I found that Idid not need to do al that putty thing to hold the router on boot , I just drag the firmware in top of the FDT file and it starts the upgrading or downgrading whatever you want to do, sadly my router keeps rebootin but in a difernt way I think I have hardware problems, thnx for your time

Message 13 of 14
Djonee
Aspirant

Got it, I will try that, thnx 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo