× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Frustrated with firmware update for MR1100

iamhondo
Aspirant

Frustrated with firmware update for MR1100

I've been using my MR1100 for several years. Lately I've had overheating problems -- frustration #1. I found the "latest" firmware -- 12.07.08.00. That seemed good.

I was surprised I didn't see that earlier so I checked my router's current version. It says 12.05.05. It says "Current software is up to date". Apparently not -- frustration #2.

I looked for the instructions to force an update of the firmware. But my "FIRMWARE UPDATE" page doesn't have an option to upload firmware through the web ui -- frustration #3.

I did notice my web ui has ATT instead of Netgear. Does that shut me out of the update? Is the update even applicable to my MR1100? Is there a separate ATT source for my updates? (And why aren't they automatically detected?)

Thanks,

Joe

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @iamhondo

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

May I please know the device SKU (MR1100-xxx)? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
nomad247
Tutor

I have a issue with updating as well. I cannot upfate manually because the borwse to file is not an option, simoply not there. I have a MR-1100-1A1NAS, not purchased through ATT.  It just updated the other night, newer fvcirware, but not the current. I solved the over-heat problem by using the router WITHOUT the battery. I have two batteries, and one is unopened, yet, the other I charge it up like once since I got this router. I really like the router so am hoping to find a way to manually update the firmware.

Message 3 of 7
nomad247
Tutor

I have a issue with updating as well. I cannot upfate manually because the browse to file is not an option, simoply not there. I have a MR-1100-1A1NAS, not purchased through ATT.  It just updated the other night, newer fvcirware, but not the current. I solved the over-heat problem by using the router WITHOUT the battery. I have two batteries, and one is unopened, yet, the other I charge it up like once since I got this router. I really like the router so am hoping to find a way to manually update the firmware.

Message 4 of 7
iamhondo
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

The number is MR1100-2A1NAS on the interior of the body. (It would be nice to see that in the "About" screen instead of needing to dissect the router.)

I hope that's the number you want.

Joe

Message 5 of 7
nomad247
Tutor

Here is another threaed with instructions. Not sue if I am doing this just yet. If I screw it up, there goes ,my router. I hasd to install jave,s eems it is nmotpart of windows 10. My router did an update a couple nights ago opn its own, but is still not the update to the most current version.  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/MR1100-Firmware-Update/m-p/1813134#M...

good luck, and think this through first. Plenty of times I did updates on my cell with very bad results, hard to reverse that. Been keepping the lastest update from installing on my phone because I DO NOT WANT the vrsion of play protect google is forcing on everyone.

Message 6 of 7
iamhondo
Aspirant

I'm still looking for some feedback on my MR1100-2A1NAS situation. I see later/newer firmware available. But my router claims it's up-to-date with 12.05.05.

Also, my router has no option to install firmware downloaded from the Netgear site. It only checks for firmware updates.

Am I perpetually stuck with 12.05.05? Or should I be able to get newer firmware?

Thanks,

Joe

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7