× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

How do I install drivers on macOS (Sierra) for AC340U?

egberts
Guide

How do I install drivers on macOS (Sierra) for AC340U?

New driver came out today!  And for the macOS Sierra (we don't call it Mac OSX anymore).

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26983/(Opens%20in%20new%20window)~/aircard-340u-(at%26...

Since I've upgrade (and later fresh-installed) macOS on my Macbook Pro, the AT&T NetBeam/NetGear AirCard 340U has been rendered disabled.  Recognized by the macOS, yes, at USB-level.  But the drivers refuse to interact with it.

With this NEW driver, I downloaded it.  I'm puzzled.  It is a zip file.  With a 'Contents' folder.  And a 'Resources' folder inside that.

What is the installation procedure for incorporating this latest and greatest driver into macOS?

Model: AC340U|AirCard® 340U (Telus) USB Modem
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
egberts
Guide

Re: How do I install drivers on macOS (Sierra) for AC340U?

I am typing this using the latest Drivers_10.9.pkg found inside the downloaded ZIP file in macOS Sierra (aka Mac OSX 10.12).

Double click it that Drivers_10.9.pkg.  Once installed and rebooted, AirCard Watcher app should also start after re-login.

From there, I clicked 'connect' inside the AirCard Watcher app.  Wow...  this is so sweet.

Life is good.

airwatch2.png

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
egberts
Guide

I am typing this using the latest Drivers_10.9.pkg found inside the downloaded ZIP file in macOS Sierra (aka Mac OSX 10.12).

Double click it that Drivers_10.9.pkg.  Once installed and rebooted, AirCard Watcher app should also start after re-login.

From there, I clicked 'connect' inside the AirCard Watcher app.  Wow...  this is so sweet.

Life is good.

airwatch2.png

Message 2 of 3

Same here!  The installation of the new drivers for Sierra was succesful and now my AirCard works once again.

Thanks to whomever was responsible for the new driver!!!

-Archie

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7