× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

How to access Nighhawk M1 When in Ip Passthrough Mode (modem only)

NiklasK
Aspirant

How to access Nighhawk M1 When in Ip Passthrough Mode (modem only)

Hi i just got the Nighthawk M1 for by buissnes as we cannot get a proper Fiber connection and DSL is WAY to slow here 0.3mb upload (sigh...)

After getting it, I setitup in Ip Passthrough Mode and disabled the Wifi and DHCP. The M1 refuses to let me give it another IP address then 192.168.1.1. It works with our ASUS AC3200 router fine but now i cannot acess the GUI on the Nighthawk M1.

How can i access the GUI after IP Passthrough has been enabled?

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 7
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: How to access Nighhawk M1 When in Ip Passthrough Mode (modem only)

What is the IP address of your ASUS?  Be sure the MR1100 is set to an IP which doesn't conflict with any other devices on your network.  Also be sure it is in the same class C subnet as your ASUS hosted network.

You shouldn't have an issue changing the IP of the MR1100 I'ved mine several times.  Mine defaults to 192.168.0.1.  You might have to temporarily turn DHCP back on first, change the IP of the MR1100 and the corresponding DHCP ranges.  Save the changes, reboot, and then turn off DHCP.

I've found that the App / attwifimanager is very dumb and won't find the management page if you change the MR1100 from the default IP.  You'll need to use your browser (e.g. Chrome) and go to the IP of the mr1100.  Check to make sure you can ping it first.

-Jonathan

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 2 of 7
NiklasK
Aspirant

Hi, Thanks you for replying and trying to help.

I have not used the app as i set everything up from my laptop via my webbrowser.

The default gateway ip of the Nighthawk is 192.168.1.1 which is the same as my Asus AC3200, My aus triggered that it was the same IP and automaticaly wanted to reboot and change its ip to 192.168.2.1 which i allowed and whilst it is working now with the IP for the asus router being 192.168.2.1 and the Nighthawk being 192.168.1.1 I want to change the Nighthawk to 192.168.5.1 or any other Ip as i want my Asus to be 192.168.1.1 due to alot of other devices with Pre confiugured Ips. However the Nighthawk refuses to let me change its IP.

Message 3 of 7
W1lliam
Virtuoso

M1 will be assigning dynamic IP to your router WAN port if IP passthrough is enabled. You can always check onthe router's WAN status, the IP assigned to the router. M1 will be stayed on the first IP address where router's WAN IP network. For example, if your router's WAN IP is on 10.188.87.100 then your M1 should be on 10.188.87.1, you can access to M1 on that specific IP address even if your PC stayed behind the router.

Message 4 of 7
TeeWatts81
Aspirant

This worked! I've been struggling with not being able to access the M1 admin page while IP Passthrough is enabled and DHCP is off. I'm glad I finally found the solution. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
cloudactive
Aspirant

This is so close to working for me - thank you! I've got the M1 in IP Passthrough and that part is working fine - internet access through the router etc.

When I try to access the router using what you describe (for example the IP reported is 10.92.123.456, I try to access 10.92.123.1) it loads the title of "NETGEAR" in the browser but never actually loads the page. It just sits there loading forever.

Any clues??

Message 6 of 7
W1lliam
Virtuoso

What you can try is to have your PC connected to M1 via USB to Type-C cable (which come along with your M1), and you need to make sure M1 is having "Use USB Port for" set as "Charge+Tether" (under Setup->Mobile Router Setup->TETHERING".

Your PC should have one interface created, as Ethernet, after M1 booted. Browse into "192.168.1.1" to check with the browser if it works.

Assuming it will get you to M1's management pages, then you might need to check on your Router's configuration if it blocks any access, disable firewall as first check point.

And, if that does not work, you might need to check with different browser, some of users were reporting problems with the cache from the browser.

William

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7