× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

I'M SO SICK OF NETGEAR AND THE MR1100!!!!!!!!!

Drail14me
Tutor

I'M SO SICK OF NETGEAR AND THE MR1100!!!!!!!!!

Since March, THREE MONTHS, I have been trying to get the ethernet port to work on multiple MR1100ATT mobile hotspots. The ethernet port on the first MR1100 I got from ATT would not work. No matter what I connected it to, I got no internet connection and "Ethernet port not connected". I tried to call Netgear technical support but since I didn't register the MR1100 nor did I have paid Tech support, tech support would not talk to me. I called AT&T and they had me return the MR1100 and sent a replacement.

Got the second unit and tried to register it on the My Netgear site. Entered the serial number but got a message "Unable to register product to your account: Product not found". I tried the ethernet port, and NOTHING! Called Netgear Tech support again. They did some basic trouble shooting then asked if it was registered. I explained that I'd tried to register online but it would not work. They tried to register it over the phone but I was told that it would not register so they could not help me!!! I called AT&T and again, they only offered to replace.

Got my third MR1100 today. Tried to register with the SN on the My Netgear page. Again, told it could not be registered!!! Tried the ethernet port by plugging it into three different devices using several differed CAT5 ethernet cables. NONE would work.

What do I have to do to get the ethernet port to work????????????????????? What do I have to do to get it regestered where I can get Netgear to support their product??????????

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 7

Re: I'M SO SICK OF NETGEAR AND THE MR1100!!!!!!!!!

Sounds frustrating. Is this the same conversation that you have been having with @Blanca_O?

MR1100ATT ethernet port not working - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 7
Drail14me
Tutor

Yes, I've had several posts over the past three months about the continued issue. No solutions or fixes offered. Very frustrating. This router is our only source of internet where we live.

Message 3 of 7

I doubt if you will get much more than that without going into a lot more detail.

As it stands, all you have said is that the Ethernet port is not working.

That you have tried three different devices suggests to me that something is going wrong when you set it up.

But we have no idea what you are doing and what goes wrong.

Take this:

I'm wanting to connect a laptop to it via the ethernet port but it won't work. When I go to the wifimanager to check the settings, in the Dashboard it simply says "Ethernet: Not Connected"

What wifi manager?

I don't know what you are doing, so I have no idea if you have read the manual, and seen this bit:

Note: You cannot use an Ethernet connection and use a tethered
connection to access the mobile router at the same time.

You can keep turning up here with "it doesn't work" messages, and detailed accounts of you frustrating fights with Netgear and AT&T, but to make real progress you might like to focus on the technical stuff and forget about anything else.

Message 4 of 7
Drail14me
Tutor

Not sure what other details there are to give. As for set up, I installed the SIM Card, turned on the router and set up the password. That is all that is involved with the setup process.

The wifimanager is what you get when you enter the router address, http://192.168.1.1 It's how you access the router settings.

I have read the manual several times. I'm not trying to use a teathered connection nor did I mention teathered so that point in the manual does not apply.  But, that doesn't work either like the manual says. But that's the not the issue I'm trying to resolve.

The manual only briefly mentions the ethernet port. No where in the manual does it mention how to set up the port only that the port can be used for internect connection. No where in the Router Settings can I find anything about setting up the ethernet port. People that I have spoken with that have this same device have said they simply plugged in the ethernet cable and it worked. I don't know the technical details of the device. That is why I've tried to reach out to someone with Netgear or AT&T that has technical knowledge of how this device is supposed to work. For three months now, I've yet to find anyone that does.

So, not sure what other details to offer. If you have any quesitons or are able to offer any troubleshooting advice, it would be appreciated.

What

Message 5 of 7

@Drail14me wrote:

The wifimanager is what you get when you enter the router address, http://192.168.1.1 It's how you access the router settings.

That doesn't look right.

That address is the one you use to connect to the router setting after you have connected to the thing by wifi or Ethernet.

You will not get to the router settings if you have not already connected to its wifi.

This is explained in the manual:

"When you connect to the network (either with WiFi or with a tethered connection), you can use a web browser to access the router to view or change its settings."

What you do is to connect to the wifi, and then aim a broiwser at http://192.168.1.1. Maybe you did that but didn't mention the earlier steps.

So, what is this wifimanager? It is not something that appears in the  manual for the MR1100.

A wifi manager is usually something that you use on you wifi client – a laptop, mobile device, something else – to establish a connection with the wifi source, in this case your MR1100.

So, I repeat, what is this wifi manager? How are you connecting to the MR1100.

@Drail14me wrote:

I have read the manual several times. I'm not trying to use a teathered connection nor did I mention teathered so that point in the manual does not apply.  But, that doesn't work either like the manual says. But that's the not the issue I'm trying to resolve.

Sadly, I am not convinced. You may not be talking about a tethered connection (the spelling is important if you are searching the manual), but that does not mean that you don't have to take that into account. The whole point about troubleshooting is to try to rule things out, not just to ignore them because you don't think they matter.

Message 6 of 7
Drail14me
Tutor

When you connect to the network (either with WiFi or with a tethered connection), you can use a web browser to access the router to view or change its settings."

What you do is to connect to the wifi, and then aim a broiwser at http://192.168.1.1. Maybe you did that but didn't mention the earlier steps.

This is exactlly what I do. Typing in 192.168.1.1 OR typing in "attwifimanager/" into my browser takes me to the router settings as I explained in an earlier post. I enter my Admin login and password for the router and get to a page that offers the "Dashboard" or "Settings".  I can also access the router with a Mobile App. The "Dashboard" offers a look at all the current Device Information while "Settings" offers a bunch of submenus for vairous router settings. That's what the Wifimanager is. I guess that's an AT&T term since this is an MR1100ATT.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series