× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: LB1120 T-Mobile SLOW speeds

importdezign
Aspirant

LB1120 T-Mobile SLOW speeds

Hello,

recently purchased the netgear lb1121 for T mobile. I have the 6gig data plan and will be using this device with the google wifi router to spread internet throught the house. 

The speeds are terriable compared to my phones hotspot where I can get 40 down and 20 up easy.  On the netgear device I am lucky to get 10 down a 2 up. 

I have tried an antenna and it does not help. I have talked to 3 or more tmobile customer service reps and they cant figure it besides saying its the netgear device and i should purchase tmobiles hot spot device.

its currently on fast.t-mobile.com for the APN im not sure what else I can change to affect the speed. 

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 7
imelectronic
Aspirant

Did you find a solution?
Did you try bridged mode?
You may need to add in a router running a custom firmware that allows the TTL value to be modified. Asuswrt Merlin has this.
Message 2 of 7

is the phone and the Lb1120 on the same band? i've seen mine be next to each other (phone & modem) and be on different bands as i can pick up all 3 and there is a large speed difference between them. wish they would put a band selection option on the modem.

Message 3 of 7
importdezign
Aspirant

I have not check that yet. Can you change the band on the phone?
Message 4 of 7

no i use an app called "cellmapper" it will display your current band on the phone and then for the modem you can see it once you log in settings/mobile/status

Message 5 of 7
importdezign
Aspirant

Thanks I will test this out. I guess you have to keep reconnect to get onto the same band?
Message 6 of 7

no its random. been told its all on the carrier as to what band it picks based on congestion, demand, etc.... now i have played with a directional antenna and if i point it east they will all stay on band 4 as the tower in that direction only has band 4

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series