× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 firmware update

daytrader
Follower

LB1120 firmware update

I have used the LB1120 for one week now. Everything works great, except that it automatically updates the firmware without prompting any messages or options. I only found out after it used up 800MB of my 4G data. I contacted Netgear support, but only received a copy-paste reply from the user manual, which states that the modem will automatically check for software update every week. There is no way to disable this. This is an issue because I have ten modems on the field, and 4G data are expensive.

One method I have in mind is to apply outgoing filter to blacklist the weekly auto update, but I do not know which port number the modem uses for the weekly update. Any idea?

If any Netgear tech is reading this, can you forward my question to the team who is knowledgable on LB1120? I just want to stop the weekly auto update to save 4G data. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
fishforfun
Guide

Re: LB1120 firmware update

Thank you for pointing this out, I will keep an eye on mine now. I have not seen any updates yet, and would really like some things fixed in the modem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7