× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave
Reply

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

scoodogg
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

My 11th digit is 4.  I'm nearing the end of my return window, so I would like to get this figured out soon.  Otherwise I'm probably just boxing it up and sending it back.

Message 101 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@scoodogg wrote:

My 11th digit is 4.  I'm nearing the end of my return window, so I would like to get this figured out soon.  Otherwise I'm probably just boxing it up and sending it back.


Do you have another Verizon device? If so, could you please try use the SIM card on the Verizon device first. Then move the SIM card back to LM1200 to see whether the issue goes away.  If the issue is there, I suggest you to return it first. You can buy it again after we fix the issue if you like.

 

Thanks

 

Message 102 of 233
AaronWTCI
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

I cant return mine. At this point its im losing money and might as well punt and find a different device/service that works. Its all just a corporate hassle at this point to move on.

Message 103 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@AaronWTCI wrote:

I cant return mine. At this point its im losing money and might as well punt and find a different device/service that works. Its all just a corporate hassle at this point to move on.


Please standby. We are actively working on this. 

 

Thanks

Message 104 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

@all For Verizon disconnection issue, the SIM card is not the culprit. We received the new SIM card and tested, but the disconnection issue still happens. Based on your feedback, we can conclude the same as well.

 

Provided the feedback to Verizon and waiting for new information. 

Regards

Message 105 of 233
kylemania
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

I am having the same issue.  I have two LM1200s, each one connected to a Juniper SRX being used for VPN connections.  If i connect the LM1200 to my laptop, no problems.  Once it is connected to the firewall:

 

-Bridge Mode: Interface on SRX side stays fine, but the outside address on the LM1200 begins to cycle, breaking VPN.

-Router mode: Interface continues to cycle and grab new addresses, also breaking VPN.

 

It usually happens once the VPN connects, but that is just observation and could be a coincidence.  It does only seem to start happening once the connecting is complete to the remote device.

Message 106 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@kylemania wrote:

I am having the same issue.  I have two LM1200s, each one connected to a Juniper SRX being used for VPN connections.  If i connect the LM1200 to my laptop, no problems.  Once it is connected to the firewall:

 

-Bridge Mode: Interface on SRX side stays fine, but the outside address on the LM1200 begins to cycle, breaking VPN.

-Router mode: Interface continues to cycle and grab new addresses, also breaking VPN.

 

It usually happens once the VPN connects, but that is just observation and could be a coincidence.  It does only seem to start happening once the connecting is complete to the remote device.


Thanks for the information. In this thread, some customers mentioned the same thing that when VPN enabled router is connected to the LAN port, it triggered the disconnection. We will check more on this direction.

Regards

Message 107 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

@JohnPeng 

Because so many of us were able to make a PC/Desktop work on Verizon on the LM1200 vs a Router...

 

Would pursue differentiation between network protocol of Router as client vs PC as client.  Main difference likely being the Network Address Translation (NAT).  Routers serve internal clients by using random high ports on the outbound connection (how a router knows to route a packet back to your specific desktop/phone). 

 

Verizon must be detecting source traffic not coming out of port 80 or 443?  Or perhaps the random nature of the high port #s?  Seems very strange that Verizon is able to detect a router vs a singular PC attached to the LTE modem as the IP protocol should appear the same on the wire. (https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005779887-Intro-to-Networking-Network-Address-Translation-N...).  The only difference is traffic coming out of the router is constantly on a random port (the router uses this port to then map back to your internal machine).

 

Verizon is obviously doing something funny there in detecting the behavior a Router is exhibiting on its network vs a PC.  I assume this "Bridge" code is also unique to the LM1200, as this Verizon bug doesn't seem to affect any of Netgear's other LTE/Hotspot products?

 

Just some ideas.

Message 108 of 233
scoodogg
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

I moved the sim card into the Jetpack hotspot and back.  This did not help.

 

I guess I'll start boxing this thing back up.  Such a shame.  It was pretty nice when it worked.

Message 109 of 233
sokobanz
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Not only 1200, it happens with my LAX20 as well on Verizon. i do have both and both having a same issie 

 

Firmware Version:EC25AFFDR07A09M4G

App Version:NTG9X07C_20.06.09.00

Web App Version:LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.201

Hardware Version:1.0

 

Message 110 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@sokobanz wrote:

Not only 1200, it happens with my LAX20 as well on Verizon. i do have both and both having a same issie 

 

Firmware Version:EC25AFFDR07A09M4G

App Version:NTG9X07C_20.06.09.00

Web App Version:LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.201

Hardware Version:1.0

 


Thanks for the new info. Will check internal with LAX20 engineer to find some details. You can retrun the device now if you can only use Verizon SIM with it. Will try to resolve it soon.

 

 

Message 111 of 233
Richb99
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

I'm having the same cellular network disconnection with Verizon. Verizon suggested it was not compatable with their prepaid data plans. 

Message 112 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@JohnPeng wrote:

@sokobanz wrote:

Not only 1200, it happens with my LAX20 as well on Verizon. i do have both and both having a same issie 

 

Firmware Version:EC25AFFDR07A09M4G

App Version:NTG9X07C_20.06.09.00

Web App Version:LM1200-HDATA_03.03.103.201

Hardware Version:1.0

 


Thanks for the new info. Will check internal with LAX20 engineer to find some details. You can retrun the device now if you can only use Verizon SIM with it. Will try to resolve it soon.

 

 


LM1200 is certified with Verizon. If you buy the data SIM from Verizon BYOD plan, The SIM will work with LM1200. But we do see some users reporting data connection issues with Verison network. Still following with Verizon on the network logs. 

 

Thanks

Message 113 of 233
mal7887
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Just wanted to share I bought the LM1200 for LTE internet backup for my home. I have a data only SIM with Verizon. I also expierence constant connects/disconnects. I will have internet for a bit, then it will go through rapid disconnect/reconnects

Message 114 of 233
Bdark
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Just picked up one of these at Microcenter open box. Having the exact same problem as others in this forum.....link will come up then drop every 30 seconds or so. Verizon is my carrier and it's connected to the failover port on my UDM Pro. At first I thought it was a negotiation issue so I forced link speed to gbe and that didn't help. I've tried a bunch of things that others have done here so no need to repeat. Too many NAT issues to run in router mode. Here's hoping for a fix soon because I really want this to work!!
Message 115 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@mal7887 wrote:

Just wanted to share I bought the LM1200 for LTE internet backup for my home. I have a data only SIM with Verizon. I also expierence constant connects/disconnects. I will have internet for a bit, then it will go through rapid disconnect/reconnects


Please provide some details below:

1. Is your Verizon SIM from their BYOD plan?

2. What is connected to the LAN port of LM1200? If it is a router, please provide the brand and model. If you only connect a laptop on the LAN port of your LM1200, will you see the disconnection issue?

 

Thanks

 

Message 116 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@Bdark wrote:
Just picked up one of these at Microcenter open box. Having the exact same problem as others in this forum.....link will come up then drop every 30 seconds or so. Verizon is my carrier and it's connected to the failover port on my UDM Pro. At first I thought it was a negotiation issue so I forced link speed to gbe and that didn't help. I've tried a bunch of things that others have done here so no need to repeat. Too many NAT issues to run in router mode. Here's hoping for a fix soon because I really want this to work!!

Could you please connect a laptop to the LAN port of your LM1200 and see whether the data connection is stable? Initially, the issue was brought up with the same setup that UDM Pro connecting to the LAN port of the LM1200. We tried to reproduce this with the same UDM Pro and couldn't see the issue. It must be also related to Verizon network. 

 

Need to run more testing.

 

Thanks

Message 117 of 233
mal7887
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

1. Is your Verizon SIM from their BYOD plan? It is a Data only Sim for a Tablet. I can change it to other devices no problem

 

2. What is connected to the LAN port of LM1200? If it is a router, please provide the brand and model. If you only connect a laptop on the LAN port of your LM1200, will you see the disconnection issue? A Unifi Dream Machine Pro was connected to the Lan port of the LM1200. Through Testing over the week, there were periods where the disconnects would happen instantly others were it would work for a period of time before starting. I did not expierence the connection drops when connected to my desktop EXCEPT ONCE (it did happen one of the times). The connection drops were very sporadic and random when the LM1200 was set to Router mode. However, when set to Bridge mode, it (the constant disconnects) was instant every time.

Message 118 of 233
Bdark
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Yep,connecting to a laptop right now and no issues so far...been on for about 20min now. All settings default in LM1200. I guess this device is incompatible with a UDM Pro. (Verizon)

 

Message 119 of 233
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link


@Bdark wrote:

Yep,connecting to a laptop right now and no issues so far...been on for about 20min now. All settings default in LM1200. I guess this device is incompatible with a UDM Pro. (Verizon)

 


Thanks for confirming this. We will try to reproduce with UDM Pro in Verizon network. This was the original issue setup reported by Verizon customers.

 

Thanks

 

Message 120 of 233
stuyboy
Tutor

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

You can add an Edgerouter X to that mix, also Ubiquiti.  Works fine on AT&T MVNO, does not hold connection via Verizon.  Works with Verion when attached to a PC, however.

Message 121 of 233
Bdark
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Ok, I thought this problem was exclusive to Ubiquiti but definitely not now.
I plugged the LM1200 directly into my laptop and surfed away all day no problem. However, when I started fooling around with the ARP settings (for example IPV4 only, LTE only, etc), after I hit save the LM1200 began to behave as it was connected to the UDM Pro. The Ethernet light would cut out every 30 seconds or so with a quick red flash of the LTE LED.
Message 122 of 233
kpbong
Tutor

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

I have the same UDM Pro setup with LM1200 on WAN2. My SIM is a Verizon BYOD data-only plan. The modem will connect and operate fine, until I swap the WAN interface in the UDM console to simulate a WAN failover. The moment the UDM Pro attempts to get a DHCP address, the modem will reset itself. I've tried both bridge and router mode with the same results.

Message 123 of 233
bbatty66
Tutor

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Sorry to add to the pile, but I am dealing with this exact issue and am hoping a resolution is close. I am in a rural location with only a single Verizon cell tower accessible, so I have no other options than to get this working somehow. I am using an LM1200 with a verizon provided SIM card, in bridge mode (after reading through the previous entries). I have an EnGenius EWS850AP connected for my WAP. When the system is running without a reset (for anywhere from a few tens of seconds to maybe half an hour) I can get net access through the wifi to my laptop or my cell phone. When I try and actually hook up the devices I need at this site (security cameras and miscellaneous controllers for items like heating systems) I can't successfully connect to the source router. I take that same WAP to a different location and connect it to a DSLAM, I can set up my devices just fine, which tells me that either my configuration on the LM1200 is incorrect, or somehow Verizon is filtering the IP traffic so that only a cell phone or a laptop PC can negotiate the connection.

 

any advice is welcome. I don't have the specific IP transport knowledge that many use here, but I am a 30 year veteran digital hardware designer and at least familiar with the basics.

Message 124 of 233
jondaykoStage
Aspirant

Re: LM1200 repeatedly dropping link

Same here, actually with a Ubiquiti USG (Unifi Security Gateway).

Verizon 4G SIM, BYOD w/ a public static IP, 

I got the LM1200 in bridge mode, have the USG configured properly, but the moment it attempts to use the LTE network, which 99% of the time it will never actually establish a connection.

 

If it does actually connect to the LTE network, it will only for a brief moment, then seemingly "restart" where you lose connectivity to the webpage AND loss of internet. So I can only assume the device is restarting itself. It will repeat this forever, but if you let it remain disconnected from LTE, you can login to the device and play with settings, it's just actually connecting is where it stops working.

 

This is using the latest Unifi Controller, USG firmware, and latest Netgear firmware. Even after factory resetting it and just putting it into bridge mode, no dice.

Message 125 of 233
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7