× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: M1/M1100 intermittent loss of internet - restored on reboot

ABuckner
Follower

M1/M1100 intermittent loss of internet - restored on reboot

I have an M1/M1100 LTE router which I've been using for about a year and a half.  It's been great until recently where the internet will stop after a varying number of hours (as long as 22 hrs and as short as 5 hrs).  WiFi usually continues but no Internet, but rebooting (hard with the button or soft with the phone app) results in Internet every time without fail.  Didn't have this issue up through July but did starting in mid-August and it happens every day, sometimes twice a day.  I am (and have been) running the latest firmware (NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00).  I have been running it 24x7 the last 2 months but do keep it cool.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Message 1 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ABuckner, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Are you still experiencing this?

Aside from rebooting the device, have you tried factory resetting the unit? 

How many devices usually connect to the network? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 8
Plamoth
Aspirant

Yes I have an M1 which recently did a firmware update. Now the M1 starts with full bars then drops down to 2 giving me a weak signal. My phone has disconnected a few times. Have done a factory reset, but it reset it with the latest firmware. There's a problem with the update.
Message 3 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please let us know the SKU of your device?

NTG9X50C_12.06.11.00 seems not the latest FW release for M1. Please do a manual upgrade check to upgrade your device to the latest release.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Plamoth wrote:
Yes I have an M1 which recently did a firmware update. Now the M1 starts with full bars then drops down to 2 giving me a weak signal. My phone has disconnected a few times. Have done a factory reset, but it reset it with the latest firmware. There's a problem with the update.

We did post an update for M1 recently. Coyld you please advise the SKU of your device and how often you experienced the connection drops on the WiFi clients.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Plamoth
Aspirant

Hello, here's the code
SKU: MR1109-100EUS
Message 6 of 8
Plamoth
Aspirant

After lots of testing the device seemed to drop connection when the screen went to sleep after 2 mins. I've set it to never sleep but can confirm after 2 mins it still drops from full bars down to 2 bars. When I pick up the device, it goes back to full bars. I've checked the external antenna, checked it's working with the M1, and checked the rsrp & rsrq and all seems fine. It seems as though either the M2 is disconnecting from the WiFi provider or the external antenna. But this started directly after the firmware update.
Message 7 of 8
Plamoth
Aspirant

I regret to inform you that the problems still persist and the M1 router has become almost unusable and unreliable since the latest firmware update. If no problems can be found, I wonder is there any way we can roll back the firmware to the earlier version? I'd like to still be able to use this device, but as of now it's just too unstable since the firmware update.

I'm sure this matter can be solved & I remain hopeful.

Kind regards
David
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7