× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: M1100 Connect to Home Router

RedBeardRome
Aspirant

M1100 Connect to Home Router

I live in a rural area.  Internet options are few.  I decided to try the Nighthawk M1100.  I am trying to connect it to my Netgear MR60 Mesh Router to distribute wifi around my house.  I can not get this to work.  I have tried three things all to together and in different combinations such as; turning on IP Passthrough, unchecking use this router as DHCP, and disabling ethernet standby.  None of this worked.  Any suggestions? Oh yeah, just in case it matters I am trying to configure this setup with a iMac running 10.14.5.

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 8
RedBeardRome
Aspirant

I finally got this resolved. If anyone else is experiencing problems with this reply and I’ll post the solution that worked for me.
Message 2 of 8
intothetaiga
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue getting my MR1100 to work over Ethernet with my Pepwave Surf SOHO router. Can you post what ended up working for you? I currently have it working using my Pepwave's WiFi WAN functionality, where it essentially becomes another client of the MR1100's WiFi network. This works, but isn't the way I'd prefer to have it set up.

Thanks! 🙂

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 3 of 8
RedBeardRome
Aspirant

Here's what worked for me.  

Connect to your MR1100 by typing in its IP address in the router.  Go to Settings in the top left corner, then Setup, and finally Mobile Router Setup.  Now in this section change the following settings; turn on IP Passthrough, turn off DHCP, change tethering USB port to charge only, and disable Ethernet Standby.  

Now at this point, test the MR1100 Ethernet port to ensure its working.  (For this test and rest of the setup use the battery of the MR1100 without the USB plugged in. You can reconnect the power cable after everything is finally setup.) I did this by plugging my MR1100 directly to my iMac.  Be sure to turn of wifi and go into network settings and select your ethernet port.  If everthing is working fine then now you now the MR1100 is sending it internet feed through the ethernet cable.  If it doesnt work please post again and explain the problem.

The next step is to hook the MR1100 to your router.  Im not familiar with your router but heres how it worked on mine.  When I plugged it in initially it didnt work.  I had to log into my router and go through the "setup wizard" function of my router to find the internet. This was a simple and straight forward process.  After I ran the "setup wizard" it found the internet provided by my MR1100 and I was up and running.  It worked great.  

The most frustrating part was getting the ethernet port to work intitially.  I accidentially figured out it was the USB charger that was somehow overriding the Ethernet port.  When I unplugged the USB the Ethernet port worked. 

Im not super savy, but I hope this helps.  If you do have to call into netgear support, be ready to spend a couple of hours.  But to save some time insist on getting help from someone in the Aircard department.  No one else seemed to be competent.

Message 4 of 8
rspringer112
Aspirant

I am able to connect with my Nighthawk M1100 LTE router but when I set up the router with my network name and password. Everything will be fine until I close my laptop. The router automatically switches back to the admin network name and password. I have to go back to www.routerlogin.net which I saved to my desk top and re-setup the router again to my personal network name and password.  Why doesnt it save the new setup info? I notice that the router does a reboot without me telling it to, that's when it all goes back to default.

Message 5 of 8
rspringer112
Aspirant

Push the WPN buttons to pair

Message 6 of 8
rspringer112
Aspirant

The tether+charge setting is where you controle the USB port from charge only or tether+charge. That shuts off the ethernet until like you did un-plug USB

Message 7 of 8
Smiller14559
Aspirant

I would love to know what you did. I have tried. did same settings as you did. will not connect to my Deco mesh router system.Thank you

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series