× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR1100 Disabled After Battery Charge

shizam76
Aspirant

MR1100 Disabled After Battery Charge

Good morning all.  Just got back from a week long trip.  Before I left I put the battery back in the Nighthawk (I keep it out to save it...and I run on just AC power).  I also am using a Quickcharge 3.0 brick to aleviate the issue of it not having enough juice to run both wifi and power the unit (I do have wifi turned off now anyhow).  

When I got home I looked at the unit and I had a slow blinking amber light, with a full battery symbol on the screen.  None of my devices were working.  It was just like the unit was powered off and the full charge battery icon was on the screen to tell me it was fully charged.  A quick press of the power button or long press didn't do anything.  A long press just turned the screen off.  Pressing again would just turn it back on to the same full battery icon.  I then kept the AC plug in and I pulled the battery back out and it then came up and connected all my devices.

Has anyone had this happen?  OR know what it is?  It seems everytime I leave on a trip.....the first time I left it did a firmware update automatically and was "stuck" in a non functional mode due to the battery being out.  Now, I put the battery in just in case an update got pushed out....and I return home again to a non functioning unit.  Good thing I didn't need to get in and grab files.  Frustrating.

Here are my unit stats...

Hardware Version 1.0

PRI Version 02.14

Firmware Version: NTG9X50C_12.02.06.00

Firmware build date: 2018/02/07

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MR1100 Disabled After Battery Charge

Hi shizam76, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please do the following: 

1. Unplug the Nighthawk Mobile Hotspot Router. 
2. Remove the battery.
3. Wait for 30-60 seconds, and reinsert the battery.
4. Hold the Power Button to restart the device.
5. Use the original power adapter (originally shipped with your device) to recharge your Nighthawk Mobile Hotspot Router. 

Where did you purchase the unit? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
shizam76
Aspirant

Blanca....I plan to run it (as I currently do) without the battery.  I was just sticking the battery in for the week while I was gone (the unit remains at home) in the event a firmware update dropped to it.

I bought a quickcharge 3.0 plug because the one that came with the unit isn't able to run the unit when everything is active.

I bought it at Best Buy.

Message 3 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi shizam76, 

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
shizam76
Aspirant

Thanks @Blanca_O  I just responded.  IT has been taking me a while.  For some reason the forums wouldnt let me in OR would not allow me to change the password.  Kept saying Password not changed, error.  OR it kept telling me all the passwords I was picking matched older ones (they didn't).  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7