× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR1100 Firmware Update Issue

aardvark54
Follower

MR1100 Firmware Update Issue

I am trying to update my Netgear Nighthawk M1 to the latest firmware, and I keep getting this error: "The session could not be completed and the device will automatically retry the check for an available update." I am currently on firmware version NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14. I know there is a new firmware.

This is an AT&T branded device with an AT&T SIM Card in good standing. Please let me know how to proceed.

Message 1 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @aardvark54

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please provide the device SKU (e.g. MR1100-100NAS). This can be checked on the box of the product or on the barcode label 
Is the device online? 
Have you tried factory resetting the device? 
Please check M1 signal strength indicator to ensure if device reception is good.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 8
icaruspony
Luminary

Blanca,

I am having this problem, too.

This is a repeat of the exact problem that happened in 2019 that you fixed before as it was a change on AT&T's network (see at https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Netgear-Nighthawk-MR1100-2A1NAS-Firm... )

MR1100-1A1NAS_04.01.70.23

NTG9X50C_12.06.39.00

Using AT&T SIM

Speedtests are fine.

Error:

"The session could not be completed and the device will automatically retry the check for an available update."

Problem has been going on for at least a month.

Message 3 of 8
magickbox
Initiate

I am having the same issue. Connectivity is spotty as well when on the road. Thought perhaps it needed a firmware update but get the same error "The session could not be completed and the device will automatically retry the check for an available update." Have tried logging on and off but the error remains. My specs are:

Firmware Version

NTG9X50C_12.06.39.00

Build Date: 2021/05/10

Hardware Version: 1.0

PRI Version: 06.14

GUI Version: MR1100-1A1NAS_04.01.70.23

Device Info

Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router

Carrier: AT&T

Signal Strength: Good

Battery: 94%

Message 4 of 8
dptcm
Aspirant

I am literally in the same boat as everyone else here, same model, same firmware, same everything including this error.

I had actually been getting this error for a few months but broadly the internet was still usable so I didn't take the time to investigate however the last few days the internet has been bad to the point that it's affecting my ability to work from home. What exactly needs to happen here for the updates to work? Seems like it would be pretty straightforward for a company that has been making networking devices for over 20 years.

Message 5 of 8
magickbox
Initiate

Is anyone monitoring this community? I have heard nothing back. Crickets.

Message 6 of 8
18outrage
Tutor

Same problem here, firmware update error, now it says I'm up to date, but it's showing an old fw version.  

Message 7 of 8
kas442
Aspirant

@Blanca_O Has there been any movement on this issue? I, too, have MR1100-2A1NAS with AT&T and cannot update the firmware. Need the firmware updated in hopes that it fixes the constant rebooting.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series