× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR2100 LTE router - the connection is dropping random every day .

cristianmann
Tutor

MR2100 LTE router - the connection is dropping random every day .

Hello

I have a new M2 MR2100 lte router. I bought 2 , one for me and one for a friend. The LTE connection is dropping random every day, for few secs and after that it reconnect and working. It is annoing. I called my friend to ask him how it work his router (he have a different LTE provider) and he has the same issue. I tried to reset from the back button and the same issue.

My firmware version is : NTGX24_10.16.03.00. Is there any fix for it? because i can't work in this mode.

Model: MR2100|Mobiler Router Nighthawk M2
Message 1 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR2100 LTE router - the connection is dropping random every day .

Sorry to hear the disconnection issue you are experiencing.

Could you please let me know the device SKU and the carriers you and your friend are using?

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 5
cristianmann
Tutor

Sure,

I am using Orange-Romania  and my friend is using Telekom Romania. For me is happening to disconnect from few secs distance for 2-3 times and after that it will work 1-2 hours. After that again disconnect for few times. The device SKU: MR2100-100EUS. I have purchased it now one week ago. Before it I was using a Huawei device, with the same sim and APN settings and it works fine for 2 years , with no disconnect. So the problem is at the devide , not carrier.
When disconnect for few secs the led indicator is RED and after that it is blue again ..

Message 3 of 5
cristianmann
Tutor

Hi again,

what i see on the display of the device is that when switching from 4G+ to 4G it is disconnecting.. and after reconnects to 4g+ it is  working again. Maybe not this is the problem , but this is what i sow.

Message 4 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the detailed information. Could you please provide the following information for us to check whether the two carriers APNs were set properly in our database.

Carrier Name:

APN:

ICCID: the number printed on the SIM card starting with 89.

I can also set your devices to upgrade to our latest release to see whether the issue will go away. If you would like to help on this, please provide the IMEIs of your two devices. I will let you know when you can upgrade your devices.

Thanks

John

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7