× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 dropping signal

Bmadz123
Follower

Nighthawk M1 dropping signal

Idk what I did but I never had this issue before, once I did the update back in December, at rond times my M1 mobile router will lose signal. My devices will show that they are still connected to the router, but nothing will load as if I lost connection. Please help with any possible solutions.

Thank you
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 dropping signal

A new release is coming soon to address the issue. Please standby.

Sorry for the inconvience and thanks for your patience.

Regards

Message 2 of 4
KCM88
Aspirant

I think I have the same issue.

• Updated firmware a few days ago.
  • Devices: HP ENVY (new) laptop and iPad 6. I use Google Fi data sim. Phone Android latest software
  • I need this for teaching online from my car should my power go out.

I set up the M1 on my laptop a few days ago, added the APN, and updated the firmware. I drove to a higher location where I would work and connected my iPad to the device via Wifi. It said one device connected and I ran a speedtest on my iPad. Awesome.

Then I drove to another location a mile away to try another speedtest BUT even though the M1 said it was connected and the iPad said it was connected, There was no internet. I connected my phone and then the M1 said 2 devices connected and my phone said it was connected. No internet on the phone either. I powered off both devices, turned the M1 on, then the ipad. No difference=no wifi. I powered everything off.

So I researched and saw something about turning off standby. There was no option for that but I changed it from 5 to 60 minutes.

Next day I am in my car again and power on the M1. Then I power on the iPad and do a screentest. Awesome. wifi works. I drive to another location 5 minutes away and  the same problem happens all over again, no wifi. I NEED this to be reliable.

I saw in a forum somthing about the 2G vs 5G and which one do I have set? I have them both set to switch. I am signing into the 2G with the ipad.

Message 3 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Please advise the device SKU name: MR1100-xxxxxx. If you are using AT&T MR1100, please upgrade your device to the latest release and check again.

If a phone or a IPad connects to your device, the device will not get into standby mode. If the device does enter standby mode, you can simply press Power button to wake up the device. The standby mode is for saving the battery power when the device is not used. 

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7