× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR5100 hotspot shows AT&T Virginia as location

JASykas
Aspirant

MR5100 hotspot shows AT&T Virginia as location

I am located in Warren Center PA 18851, but when I use the internet through my TV or PC via MR5100, it shows my address as a Virginia AT&T address. When I shop it shows Virginia & Maryland stores. My cell phone hitting same towers shows my real location 18851.

This has never been more than a nuisance shopping BUT TV is different. We have had a few streaming services that will not allow us on as they say we are using a different address, so we did not subscribe.

Now, we subscribed to the YES network. Each time I view a game, I get an email from YES that we are viewing from a location other than home and they will only allow that for one month.

How can I get the MR5100 hotspot to reflect the correct address as cell phones do? 

The device certainly knows where it is pinging. 

Message 1 of 4
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: MR5100 hotspot shows AT&T Virginia as location

@JASykas wrote:

I am located in Warren Center PA 18851, but when I use the internet through my TV or PC via MR5100, it shows my address as a Virginia AT&T address. When I shop it shows Virginia & Maryland stores. My cell phone hitting same towers shows my real location 18851.

This has never been more than a nuisance shopping BUT TV is different. We have had a few streaming services that will not allow us on as they say we are using a different address, so we did not subscribe.

Now, we subscribed to the YES network. Each time I view a game, I get an email from YES that we are viewing from a location other than home and they will only allow that for one month.

How can I get the MR5100 hotspot to reflect the correct address as cell phones do? 

The device certainly knows where it is pinging. 

Please contact AT&T on this. The network assigns the IP address to the device. Your PC or TV must base on the IP address to determine the location. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 4
JASykas
Aspirant

Thank you. I am quite sure it is on AT&T. I will contact them
Message 3 of 4
JASykas
Aspirant

Ughh. AT&T business only has a foreign call center. They can't help at all. AT&T store can't help. My location is somewhere in Virginia for the foreseeable future
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series