× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

MR5200 Nighthawk M5 not booting up

Moinois
Aspirant

MR5200 Nighthawk M5 not booting up

I have a MR5200 Nighthawk M5 that will not reboot. It shows the Netgear logo on startup that transform to a 5G logo once and then nothing happens.

I was hoping for a factory reset solution that didn’t require the unit to be started, but it doesn’t seem to have such a basic feature… so I’m pretty stuck.

It worked fine until I saw that my operator had sent me an sms and I entered the sms menu. That’s when it froze, so I removed the battery to restart it as the UI wasn’t responsive anymore and after that it won’t boot.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas how to wake it up again or should I send the unit back? I got it this morning so it is a little unbelievable that a unit as expensive as this can’t even function for a whole day.
Message 1 of 7
Moinois
Aspirant

Re: MR5200 Nighthawk M5 not booting up

Upon further investigation, it will reboot as I remove the SIM-card. I have an other router lying around and it has no issues with the card, nor has the MR5200 have any issues with a different SIM-card either. But as soon as I insert the Vodafone card it won't start... So it seems to be a combo of card and MR5200. it is a 5G card, the other one is a 4G, if that matters. I have updated to the latest firmware and I did a factory reset and did a new setup as it booted up. So for now I need to run on my old router, which is the one I wanted to upgrade from...

Message 2 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Could you please advise your M5's SKU is MR5200-100EUS?

We would like to investigate more on the issue you reported. Seems the M5 can't read the content on the new SIM card properly. Can you help to capture some logs with the new SIM card?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Moinois
Aspirant

That is correct, it is MR5200-100EUS. I can capture logs if you can instruct me how. I haven’t got the new SIM yet that I ordered, but I can give you lots from one card that works and one that won’t.
Message 4 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for the confirmation. I will provide the instructions soon. Could you please confirm your country?

Message 5 of 7
Moinois
Aspirant

I’m currently in Spain where I bought the device.
Message 6 of 7
mcuadrado
Guide

Hi , I work with John , but Im based in Madrid, could be possible to get the SIM card that it causing the issue you are seeing . Could you please send me a private message with your address so we can collect ?

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series