× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: MR6400 support

Hotspot40324
Tutor

MR6400 support

I know that this is a VERY small niche, but does anyone know if the MR6400 (Dish/Project Genesis cellular hotspot) is supported by Netgear software engineers, Dish wireless coders, both, or neither???

Message 1 of 9
igorjrr
Guide

The M6 Pro is an unfinished product, full of bugs. If you purchased it, return as soon as possible for a full refund.

Message 2 of 9
Hotspot40324
Tutor

I am well aware of the bugs -- I'm just trying to find out who is responsible for them.

Message 3 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Hotspot40324 wrote:

I am well aware of the bugs -- I'm just trying to find out who is responsible for them.

Netgear will be responsible for the device issues. Dish will handle network related issues.

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
Hotspot40324
Tutor

Good to know... So I should keep pinging Netgear to find out when they might patch the firmware problem that I call the Airplane Mode Bug?

Message 5 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Hotspot40324 wrote:

Good to know... So I should keep pinging Netgear to find out when they might patch the firmware problem that I call the Airplane Mode Bug?

Please report the issues to Dish and we will release maintenance release to address all the issues reported by Dish customers. We can't release the FW without Dish approval.

Thanks

John

Message 6 of 9
igorjrr
Guide

Yes, @Hotspot40324 , do Dish's and Netgear's job while paying a premium for this buggy device and service.

Welcome to the club of those who PAY to work for these two big companies!

With luck, you'll get a new firmware in several months that might make your device work better, or worse.

You are welcome!

Message 7 of 9
Hotspot40324
Tutor

Does this mean that you have (or are preparing) a "maintenance release" or are you waiting for Dish to ask you to work on the problems?

Note that for several weeks, Dish support was out of commission due to the hacking event.

Message 8 of 9
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Hotspot40324 wrote:

Does this mean that you have (or are preparing) a "maintenance release" or are you waiting for Dish to ask you to work on the problems?

Note that for several weeks, Dish support was out of commission due to the hacking event.

Yes. We are planning a maintenance release for Dish MR6400 and working out the issues lists to address in the coming MR.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7