× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

N300 Travel Router PR2000 - Need to take apart and fix loose power connection, How?

ericofmelnibone
Aspirant

N300 Travel Router PR2000 - Need to take apart and fix loose power connection, How?

N300 Travel Router PR2000

So... I have used this router for 5 years and has "mostly" worked well enough travelling. However, I made a mistake and packed it with the usb cable plugged in so... the power connection inside the router is now loose and needs to be fixed.

There is one screw in the back, which I have removed... but now what? Not sure how to get into the router to fix the loose power connection. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Apparently, there is a concerted effort by the industry to not provide this type of router any longer, so I need to repair this one since no other types of routers like this exist. That work reliably and with any kind of speed (Hootoo an example).

Regards,

j

Message 1 of 2
ericofmelnibone
Aspirant

Re: N300 Travel Router PR2000 - Need to take apart and fix loose power connection, How?

So, I cut the "tape" on the back with the name and password and it was able to get it separated, started anyway, however it binds where the antenna is connected. Can the antenna be removed and how? It seems like the two halves of the router will separate easily if the antenna can be removed.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7