× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6500 AUSTL - Latest Firmware still not working with N78 with SingTel

Gbear1984
Tutor

Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6500 AUSTL - Latest Firmware still not working with N78 with SingTel

Hi,

Anyone still having trouble connecting to your country N78 Network after the firmware update today? I have managed to update but I am still unable to get my router to connect to my SingTel N78 spectrum. it gave me the most was 4G+. I even tried to reset the router again, but still no different. I have checked that my SIM card is working fine with other devices that able to connect to 5G.

So I am wondering who else having this problem? 

Message 1 of 5
Gbear1984
Tutor

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6500 AUSTL - Latest Firmware still not working with N78 with SingTel

@JohnPeng 

Hi John, will you be able to assist me on the above stated? able to help me understand if this is hardware or my carrier issue?

Thank you!

Message 2 of 5
Alexmario
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M6 Pro MR6500 AUSTL - Latest Firmware still not working with N78 with SingTel

Same here in Malaysia, n78 is still unable to connect as well.

Message 3 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Alexmario wrote:

Same here in Malaysia, n78 is still unable to connect as well.

Telstra technical approval process is longer. So the MR1 release didn't contain the latest fix for the 5G N78 connection issue if you are using non-Telstra SIM card. Please email me your IMEI and mention your community ID, I will check whether I can fix your issue. My email: jopeng@netgear.com.

Thanks

John

Message 4 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Gbear1984 wrote:

Hi,

Anyone still having trouble connecting to your country N78 Network after the firmware update today? I have managed to update but I am still unable to get my router to connect to my SingTel N78 spectrum. it gave me the most was 4G+. I even tried to reset the router again, but still no different. I have checked that my SIM card is working fine with other devices that able to connect to 5G.

So I am wondering who else having this problem? 

Telstra technical approval process is longer. So the MR1 release didn't contain the latest fix for the 5G N78 connection issue if you are using non-Telstra SIM card. Please email me your IMEI and mention your community ID, I will check whether I can fix your issue. My email: jopeng@netgear.com.

Thanks

John

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7