× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 unstable internet, hanging/stopping connection

igorjrr
Guide

Netgear Nighthawk MR1100 unstable internet, hanging/stopping connection

Firmware: NTG9X50C_12.05.05.14

Model: MR1100-1A1NAS_04.01.70.06

PRI: 04.06

First a complaint: I can't copy text from router's GUI. It is disabled. Why!? It would help and avoid copy paste mistakes when getting information.

Internet connection has been very unstable. It works fine and suddenly all connections (like HTTP, HTTPS) stop working, I'm unable to navigate to any site, it gets stuck on "Connecting..." (Chrome). Interesting that if I open a Command Prompt, ping works. So it's not fully disconnected. A reboot immediately fixes this issue, but it comes back later. There are days it does not happen, there are days it happens 10 times.

This happens to all devices (computer, phone, smart devices, etc.). Everything stops working until I reboot the Netgear Nighthawk MR1100.

Any idea of what could be?

Thank you.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
Rio_Moon
Aspirant

I have same problem with you.. internet unstable as u say
after i reset factory, i hope can.fix bug.but not.. ping and jitter value always higher than other hot spot my friend have..
Message 2 of 3
icaruspony
Luminary

This sounds a little different.  For one thing, I don't do a factory reset to fix the problem.  I only REBOOT.

After I reboot, my ping times are normal.

The behavior that I experience is that periodically, outbound connections to internet servers on ports 80 and 443 (the http/https connections to the web) are blocked.  All other connections on ports other than those two continue to work normally.

Can you confirm when your connection goes down (BEFORE you fix it), are you NOT able to connect to servers on port 80 and 443... but you ARE DEFINITELY STILL ABLE TO CONNECT to servers on other ports (like port 21 FTP, port 23 telnet, etc)?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7