× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Nighthawk M1 battery charging problem

glenndrums
Aspirant

Message 26 of 44
TThumper89
Aspirant

I’m sorry glenndrums but I have no idea what you’re talking about, but nice mature response nonetheless.
Message 27 of 44
Souvorkin
Tutor

People like that, with so much hate, arrogance and ignorance, deserve no reply and any reply is likely to be of little effect. Best to flag to moderator and get this person banned from the forum.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (AU)
Message 28 of 44

Reported.

Message 29 of 44
glenndrums
Aspirant

The very first question in the thread - then the response making that person feel bad for calling the plug a “wall mount”
Message 30 of 44
glenndrums
Aspirant

The person was bullying the first question by acting like they didn’t know what “wall mount” is
Message 31 of 44
tilba16
Aspirant

Yes I too have the same issue having bought the unit yesterday from Telstra in Sydney. Wanted to used as a fixed hotspot as I was getting hopeless speeds from Optus cable I decided to outlay quite a bit to at least get a decent consistent download speed. Took the battery out and found the unit would power off and on continually. Put the battery back in and it worked but did not get past 44% after charging for 24 hours.

Saw this post and substituted my Ipad charger for the netgear adapter and have not seen any more issues.

Returning this unit today for replacement but am not confident that the next one will work as the problem seems to be the adapter.

Message 32 of 44
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Tilba16,

Thank you for adding to the post. Please let us know with the new unit. Thank you again. :]

- Jason N

Message 33 of 44
Cage1010
Guide

New firmware(NTG9X50C_10.25.01.00) has released.

I have updated it and testing now~^ ^

In the Device Info, adding a Battery Charge Status~~~

Message 34 of 44
Gbear1984
Tutor

How is it going so far? Encounter and random restart?

Hope to hear more from you! 😊
Message 35 of 44
Cage1010
Guide

I think so far so good. 

And I also noticed one thing... The power cousumption seems reduced a little.

I didn't have very accurate experiment, but these days, my room temp was about 23C.

Before the firmware update, (4 Wifis and LAN connected), the machine temp would reach 49C, and battery would reach 43C. After firmware update, the temps were 43C and 40C. I think the new firmware does improve the power performance and keep the same LTE performance. 

Message 36 of 44
Souvorkin
Tutor

Yes t it arrived and I immediately updated.
Definite improvement in the software dept. Also I am finally able to remove the battery for longevity storage in the fridge as the M1 is currently serving a stationary role (always plugged in). Even with 4 devices connected, 2 of which playing HD YouTube on 2.4 & 5 bands simultaneously respectively, and screen on full brightness, no restarts, no problems. (powered by a 3 amp usb-c charger from an old Lumia 950 xl. Thanks Netgear, better late than never. Further testing still to be done, any issues will be promptly reported and any questions answered to the best of my knowledge.
Message 37 of 44
tilba16
Aspirant

Afetr monitoring the unit for a week battery charge is at 100% and no further issues.

Message 38 of 44
Cage1010
Guide

Today, I received a firmware update message, and I finished the update.

Right now the firmware version is NTG9X50C_10.25.01.01.

FYI~

Not sure what is updated. No release log file.

Message 39 of 44
JasonN
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Cage1010,

We do not provide the firmware notes on these types of devices that use an ISP.

- Jason N

Message 40 of 44
Zoomtank99
Aspirant

.. Hence, you're entitled for asking a compensation over the router's charger, ain't you?!
Message 41 of 44
Zoomtank99
Aspirant

Useless... i did updated with this firmware and.. nothing, same issues in terms of battery charging!
.. To no avail..!
Message 42 of 44
Zoomtank99
Aspirant

No avail... I've tried with S8 and Huawei Mate 9 chargers... useless both of them..!
It seems is some hardware issues, because already updated to the latest version of firmware, removed and reinserted SIM card, change the charging feature from "charge and tether" to "charge only" in Settings-General-Router (scroll to bottom)... none of these worked so far! Definitely I'll return the unit to the shop and waiting a new model release!
Message 43 of 44
MeriA
Aspirant

I took mine back to the Telstra shop and they said it’s a common issue with this model and is nothing to do with the battery or plugs. Apparently the battery when charged for a long period becomes “ too charged” to be recongnisws by the software. I was fairly cynical but when a new battery was put in it worked fine. Even though it’s “Netgear” they use different component distributors and the new generation won’t have the same flaw. Telstra said they would replace the battery as often as needed but typically just one replacement “does the trick”. We will see I guess....
Message 44 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7