× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M6 Mobile Device

youngb989
Aspirant

Nighthawk M6 Mobile Device

I paid $700 for this hot spot so I can connect to the internet.  Every 10 minutes it disconnects and then tells me I have to go to Advanced, Settings, Cellular, blah blah blah.  Why does this keep doing this every 10 minutes?  I can be working and everything just shuts down because the hot spot keeps making me do this.  How do I stop it from doing this?  Please help!!

Message 1 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M6 Mobile Device

Please capture a model.json file and send PM to me for review.

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Thanks

John

Message 2 of 7
youngb989
Aspirant

youngb989_0-1679075261829.png

This is what it keeps doing every 10 to 15 minutes.  It kicks me out constantly.

Message 3 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Looks like you are using MR6150-100NAS. Could you please advise which carrier you are using and what is the plan on the SIM?

This is looks like a SIM subscription issue. 

Thanks

John

Message 4 of 7
youngb989
Aspirant

Carrier is AT & T.  They gave me a brand new sim which we put in at the store.  My hot spot keeps telling me sim card is full and I need to delete things off it.  I have no clue what that means.  As for plan, they gave me a phone plan with unlimited everything because their data was only 25 MB a month I believe.  The girl told me with everything I am putting on the hot spot (laptop, tv, playstation), it would be less money to get a phone line than a data only sim.

I truly appreciate your help, this is driving me nuts here.

Message 5 of 7
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@youngb989 wrote:

Carrier is AT & T.  They gave me a brand new sim which we put in at the store.  My hot spot keeps telling me sim card is full and I need to delete things off it.  I have no clue what that means.  As for plan, they gave me a phone plan with unlimited everything because their data was only 25 MB a month I believe.  The girl told me with everything I am putting on the hot spot (laptop, tv, playstation), it would be less money to get a phone line than a data only sim.

I truly appreciate your help, this is driving me nuts here.

Could you please check what is the APN setting on your device by tapping Settings -> Mobile-> APN?

If it is set as broadband, you can try set to nrbroadband or vice versa to see whether it helps.

Thanks

John

Message 6 of 7
youngb989
Aspirant

It just tells me all below on device.

APN:  ATT Broadband

PDP:  IPV4V6

PDP Roaming:  IPV4

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors