× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Slow Upload Speed Issue with NETGEAR M6 Pro MR6550

Shiroe
Follower

Slow Upload Speed Issue with NETGEAR M6 Pro MR6550

Dear Support Team,

I am seeking assistance, and I kindly request your help.

I have encountered an issue with my NETGEAR M6 Pro MR6550 router. I purchased it two weeks ago, and it was delivered to me the day before yesterday. Initially, I conducted a speed test, and the download speed appeared satisfactory, typically ranging from 150 to 300 Mb/s. However, this speed does not meet my expectations, especially considering that I purchased the router for its performance. My mobile phone, a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, achieves much higher speeds at times.

The most significant problem lies in the upload speed, which does not exceed 90 Mb/s. Surprisingly, when I insert the SIM card directly into my mobile phone, the upload speed comfortably exceeds 100 Mb/s. This stark contrast disappoints me, especially when comparing it to the router’s overall performance.

Additionally, when I set the router to Plugged In or Performance mode and connect it to the charger, the initial internet speed reaches approximately 200 to 300 Mb/s for downloads and 50 to 90 Mb/s for uploads. However, after a few hours, the router’s performance deteriorates. The upload speed drops to a mere 5 Mb/s, while the download speed remains relatively stable between 200 and 300 Mb/s.

This issue is particularly problematic for me because I frequently stream and engage in work-related calls, during which the upload speed significantly decreases.

Could you please advise if there is a solution to this problem or if a specific system update needs to be installed?

Thank you for your prompt attention and assistance.

Best regards,

Hardware Version: 1.0 v

Firmware Version: NTGX65_12.01.54.00

Modem Version: MPSS.DE.2.0-00989-OLYMPIC_GENALL_PACK-1.41921.6.45826.2

GUI Version: MR6550-AsiaPacific_05.00.107.00

PRI Version: 01.31

Firmware Build Date: 2024/04/12

Carrier: Mobily

City: Dammam

Message 1 of 2
JuJu-Beat
Aspirant

Re: Slow Upload Speed Issue with NETGEAR M6 Pro MR6550

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7