× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: UDM-Pro with Netgear Nighthawk M1 Dropping Internet Connection

TexanTacoma
Follower

UDM-Pro with Netgear Nighthawk M1 Dropping Internet Connection

To preface, I am using an AT&T branded Nighthawk M1 device to get internet at my home (very rural neighborhood in Texas). I have a Dream Machine Pro that I am trying to use as the router. After looking at Reddit and a few forums I determined that the best option was to put the M1 into IP Passthrough mode which essentially disables its routing function and passes through the public IP to its LAN port. I also disabled "Ethernet Standby" and DHCP on the M1 to limit its jobs to only passing the public IP down. Both devices are up to date. And the set up works flawlessly....for a maximum of 12 hours. Every day and sometimes twice a day, all of my devices connection to the UDM-Pro's LAN (WiFi or direct) which had perfect access before, lose all internet access. And the only way to fix it is to reboot the M1 altogether. When it goes down I have checked to make sure the public IP still takes me to the UDM-Pro's web interface. I have checked the M1 to see that it shows 1 device directly connected. I have waited hours to see if it self resolves. Nothing. M1 must be rebooted, and then BAM instant access again.

Lastly,

I tried giving routing functions back to the M1 by factory resetting it, disabling wireless, and assigning a local IP to DMZ. I assigned the connected WAN port on the UDM-Pro that static IP and instantly got perfect internet connection....for a few hours. Even while the M1 handles routing and my network is in a double NAT state I still lose internet access and must reboot the M1.

Any help is appreciated. I have to be missing something...

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
Westx
Aspirant

Re: UDM-Pro with Netgear Nighthawk M1 Dropping Internet Connection

I have exactly the same setup. I've been experiencing drop outs every 4 - 6 hours for about 60 days.

Seems there are lots of folks out there with problems.

https://ltehacks.com/search.php?keywords=Nighthawk+reboot+at%26t&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=po...
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7