× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unable to register product to your account: Product not found." - MR6100

Banditor
Aspirant

Unable to register product to your account: Product not found." - MR6100

I bought the MR6110 router on Amazon and now when I try to register it using the serial number it says "Unable to register product to your account: Product not found."

Anyone else having this problem?
I 100 percent wrote down the serial accurately
Screenshot_3.jpg

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Unable to register product to your account: Product not found." - MR6100

Documentation is readily available from https://www.att.com/device-support/index/Netgear/NetgearMR6110/ 

While Netgear is the manufacturer, they are not in charge for offering any kind of warranty nor support. Carriers are buying these devices, typically SIMlocked for some years as bound to a contract, as cross-funded or sponsored.

This is why you can't register these SKU with Netgear.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Impossible to guess ... a brand-new MR6100 from Amazon - what does leave open a lost of variables. What is the SKU printed on the product packaging label, or on the product label inside of the battery slot?

One option is you got some kind of a branded MR6100, probably one made for Telstra like MR6110-1TLAUS which apparently can't be registered with Netgear, because Telstra takes over the full warranty and support 

Message 2 of 6
Banditor
Aspirant

This is my model

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Clearly an ATT branded model, not something ATT does offer on Amazon. Second-hand device?

MR6110-ATT.PNG

@JohnPeng 

Message 4 of 6
Banditor
Aspirant

Yes this At&t It is sold on Amazon by third party sellers - Sold as refurbished.

But in practice I received a new device that had never been used and only the user manual was missing

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Documentation is readily available from https://www.att.com/device-support/index/Netgear/NetgearMR6110/ 

While Netgear is the manufacturer, they are not in charge for offering any kind of warranty nor support. Carriers are buying these devices, typically SIMlocked for some years as bound to a contract, as cross-funded or sponsored.

This is why you can't register these SKU with Netgear.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series