× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unlocked MR6400 from Dish not working on other carriers

Jedis
Initiate

Unlocked MR6400 from Dish not working on other carriers

Hello,

My MR6400 from Dish is now unlocked, as I've had it for a year and was able to get it unlocked.

I am trying to use a Verizon SIM card in it, however, both on automatic and manual network modes, it keeps scanning between Dish, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon and never gets on the network. I tested the Verizon SIM in a MR5200 and it works fine in that device.

Will Netgear be releasing a generic firmware for the MR6400 that allows the device to work with other networks? It seems like there's something in the Dish firmware that's causing issues that are non-existent in the other Netgear hotspots.

For reference, the APN of vzwinternet is correctly added and selected when the Verizon SIM is inserted. I've tried manually adding it, with no luck. Band selection is on "All".

@JohnPeng Would you be able to provide any insight here in getting the MR6400-1DNNAS working on carriers other than Dish, specifically Verizon? Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Jedis
Initiate

Re: Unlocked MR6400 from Dish not working on other carriers

Some additional info.

If you turn the MR6400 off with the Dish SIM in it, remove the SIM and put the Verizon SIM in, and turn it back on, it will start and come up showing it's connected to "Verizon 4G". Odd since it's a 5GUW SIM, but putting that aside for a moment...

The hotspot doesn't have any connectivity and the hotspot website reports that it's not connected. Tried forcing to Verizon bands and just setting bands to "All" but that doesn't seem to matter.

Network Status: Disconnected
Network: Verizon
Technology: LTE
Time Connected: 00:00:00
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Band: LTE B2
MCC: 311
MNC: 480
Band Region: All / Just Verizon
Network Mode: Auto / Verizon
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors