× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Why does the MR1100 DHCP service give a SIP option indicating "abcd.com" (ABC Inc./Dis

zjl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does the MR1100 DHCP service give a SIP option indicating "abcd.com" (ABC Inc./Disney)

Hello,
Oddly enough the M1 (MR1100) systematically sends to all my DHCP clients an option 120.
Moreover the domain indicated "abcd.com" belongs to ABC Inc. of the Disney group.

Now, in the DHCP service, the 120 option is normally used to give the phones or SIP apps the necessary indication to reach a SIP server that will allow them to work.

So I seriously think that this is a mistake or rather a forgotten corpse there,
maybe from an old cartoon Smiley Surprised

If it wasn't a mistake, then I would like to see a clear justification why "abcd.com"... and why not netflix.com for example Smiley Very Happy

Joking aside, in fact this is especially penalizing when you want to indicate later another SIP server to a phone or a SIP App already served by the DHCP server of the M1.
In fact the values given by DHCP can be considered as "previous" or "safer" and therefore they cannot be replaced in some cases...

This error prevents the use of my phones or SIP applications on the network served by the MR1100, which I appreciate so much.

Thank you in advance for your indications and comments to solve this little problem
Have a good weekend
Jean-Louis

2 line commands are enough to analyze who is "abcd.com" :
nslookup abcd.com   (domain is active ?)
whois abcd.com        (who is registrant for this domain?)

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 2
zjl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Why does the MR1100 DHCP service give a SIP option indicating "abcd.com" (ABC Inc./Dis

And here is the pcap file of the DHCP dialog (just 4 packets Smiley Happy)  
for those who use the Wireshark application

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7