× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

sierra 306 not working with windows 10

Lo-Ke
Aspirant

sierra 306 not working with windows 10

Since I installed windows 10, my sierra 306 aircard does not "wake up" properly when the computer goes into power save mode.  I have to close the sierra program and re-start it every time.

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: sierra 306 not working with windows 10

Hello Lo-Ke

Have you done the updates from you PC maker for your usb ports I know since windows 10 people have been having usb issues with tons of things I would try that. let me know if it helps.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Lo-Ke
Aspirant

Thanks DarrenM.  I tried as you suggested but there were no updates for USB from my manufacturer.  I think that I should just be content with a "nuisance" glitch.  At least I can successfully connect to the internet with Windows 10, which is better than some posts I have read.  I think that manufacturers of devices are a bit behind in making their products compatible with this new OS. 

Lo-Ke

Message 3 of 4
Lo-Ke
Aspirant

My Sierra 306 has magically started working properly and reliably.  I think Netgear must have done an unannounced update to make it more compatible with Windows 10.  Now all I need to do is figure out how to close my Netgear account !!  No answer has been offered from the Community.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7