Cyber Safety Starts at Home: National Cyber Security Awareness Month
Nowadays, the internet can be considered a necessity in any household. Whether we are paying bills online, conducting research for homework, enjoying a family movie night, or sharing our most recent trip on Social Media with our loved ones, we need to make sure we are doing so safely and with caution. It is vital that the entire household practices internet safety, and that we are aware of any consequences.
Here are a few tips that you can take to make your home safer:
- Ensure you have the latest security software, browser, and operating system
- Use authentication tools to create an extra layer of security
- Be careful about what you post online about yourself and others
- Back up your data and store it safely
- Be thoughtful about your personal information and how it’s collected online
While this may make sense to the adults of the household, children may not fully be aware of any harm that may come. The good news is there is something you can do as a parent! Thanks to Circle with Disney Smart Parental Controls, managing screen time and content of your children has never been easier. With Circle, you’ll be able to limit daily internet time for websites, app, and more, providing you with a simple solution to manage you family time online. Some features that will help ensure your home’s cyber safety include:
- Set Time Limits: Keep online time in check with daily time limits for popular platforms and categories.
- Filter Content: Set online content filters that match each family member’s age and interests.
- Usage: Compare time online today, last week, or even last month and find out where most time is spent.
- History: Detailed breakdown of what sites are being visited and keep tabs on what’s happening in your home.
- Additional features include Pausing Internet, Ad Block, Safe Search, and more!
For more information about Circle with Disney and to try a one month free trial of Circle Premium, please visit: https://www.netgear.com/landings/circle/default.aspx
What are some way you are ensuring cyber safety in your home? Share your tips with us below!
Re: Cyber Safety Starts at Home: National Cyber Security Awareness Month
Cybersecurity month is generally celebrated in the month of October which helped people to know more about cybersecurity and to avoid cyber threats. https://microsoftsupport.co/blog/windows-10-error-code-0xc00000f/ helped me alot to know all the awareness about cybersecurity. This is necessary nowadays to keep yourself secure.