Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental controls revert to not enabled

atlpaul
Aspirant

Parental controls revert to not enabled

I have an RBR20 with two satellites all running firmware V2.5.1.16 and I have a paid Circle subscription.  I have had issues with the parental controls off and on for the entire time I've had the unit.  I'm not aware there is an issue until I open the Circle 1st Gen app on my Android phone and I get an error saying no circle device is detected. I can then look at the admin page for the router and see that Parental controls are showing as not enabled. The only way to resolve this is to pair the app and completey redo all the settings since the backups won't restore after this happens. Wifi and internet are not affected and are working fine. I opened a support case with Netgear and they had me do a manual firmware update which didn't help and then a factory reset, which did seem to work for a few weeks, but now the problem has started hapenning again. At the time, I was told that if the factory reset didn't work, the unit would need to be replaced. I contacted support and they are now saying that the unit is out of warranty and I'd have to purchase a support contract, but even if I do that and they determine the unit is defective the only thing they will do is to refund me for the support contract. I'm very unhappy with support since they won't honor the warranty given that the case was originally opened while the product was still under warranty. I don't want to purchase a contract, only to redo the same steps I did previously and then be told there is nothing they can do.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
redmondguy
Aspirant

Re: Parental controls revert to not enabled

Same issue with my.  Last week, my premioum Circle features were not showing up. 

Thinking it was a circle app issue. I uninstalled the circle app and reinstalled it.  

Problem is that the circle app, requies me to log back in to "manage circle".  Then, I'm asked for an "admin passcode".  When the app tries to "Send Passcode" via SMS Text. I hit the "text me" button... but... nothing happens.  NO text, nada.

So I'm stuck.  I've paid for Circle, it is supposed to work through my RBR50.  The app stopped working properly, so I reinstalled it... WELL not I'm locked out of the app can cannot obtain my admin passcode... lame...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series